Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Prawn Noodles @ Restoran Kam Heong, Petaling Jaya New Town



I've gone on a noodle binge these few days. Recently, I met up with a friend who had shifted office to Petaling Jaya for lunch. I must admit I also tend to avoid this place as I once had to wait for almost half and hour before I found a car park space. Luckily this time round, it was quite hasslefree as I managed to catch some people leaving for lunch.

My friend, S introduced me to the Prawn Noodles here. Really full of flavour, I really liked the broth which is rich and thick. Although the taste of the prawns is quite mild, you get the sweet taste of the pork ribs they use to boil this soup in. The noodles come with sliced pork, prawns and half a hard boiled egg. Not sure how much did this cost as my friend paid for it but it was a very satisfying meal.

I had also ordered popiah from the Malacca Popiah stall. Didn't think much of the popiah but I did notice it had quite a strong garlic taste. Each popiah costs RM1.50 which came unadorned and not very nicely wrapped hence the ugly picture of it.

There's loads of great food here - I love the char kuey teow here and the porridge is pretty good here although a bit pricey. At night, they serve the famous teochew duck. In fact, business must be really good as they advertise on the television sets at the restaurant. You get to watch a video which itemises all the items they serve at the teochew duck stall and there's even a commentary on the ducks they serve at the stall.

Restoran Kam Heong
Petaling Jaya New Town
Petaling Jaya

(Non Halal. The shop is next to UOB Bank Berhad at Petaling Jaya New Town area.)


*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely based on my personal tastebuds and may vary for others. The reviewer also declares that she has not received any monetary or non-monetary compensation from the restaurant for writing this review.

Tagged with:
+ +

Other reviews of this place:

14 comments:

tigerfish said...

I've been wanting to eat noodles these days too!

Hee hee...the popiah sounds delish though you say it's on the "ugly side" appearance wise. It looks juicy from the outside - just how I like popiah.

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Thanks for writing about my current obsession...prawn noodles! lol. It does look delicious. I guess this place is only open for lunch, huh?

Precious Pea said...

First visit, waited 45 mins for prawn mee, ended up i brought back the chopstick to him and said, I don't want my order oledi. Second visit, waited about 15 minutes...like you said, the broth is really good but lack of prawn taste though. OOoo....my dad's wantan noodle that came with grilled pork ribs was delicious!

Tummythoz said...

Food wise I was happy. Quite a regular on weekends for breakfast. Then they renovated & the drinks' prices went berserk. -_-"

jasmine said...

my ex-colleagues used to love coming here for the prawn noodles, but i am all for the seafood porridge.

Way said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rarebeet said...

I'm more impressed with the hardsell advertising of ducks! haha... That picture of the prawn noodles looks delish!

teckiee said...

For a minute i cant remember where new town is. But I saw the duck post then *pop* ahhh that's the place.

boo_licious said...

tigerfish - guess prawns are in the air since you had steamed prawns in yr blog.

lemongrass - yes only available during lunch as dinner time is the ducks.

precious pea - wow, must have been super peak time. Ate there for lunch and the wait wasn't too long.

tummythoz - I know. there's so much snazzy stuff - retractable awnings, flat tellies and etc.

jasmine - too hot for porridge that day.

paprika - sorry to tempt you from yr vegan diet. I was also fascinated as they kept playing those ads non stop.

teckiee - near home so should be able to find it.

jackson - actually not very hot as it's the prawn oil.

backStreetGluttons said...

yeah this is a really crowded place but V think the porridge is more talked about for the superb taste and freshness and the boss's cockiness !

Is the Harbin (
China ) lady still there ?

Precious Pea said...

Saturday breakfast and sunday brunch...super peak time.

boo_licious said...

team bsg - ah, yes she is and love her food.

precious pea - oky. Weekday lunch is quite bearable. Strange since I thought it won't be with so many offices around.

Henry Leong said...

Tasty popiah!

http://henryleongblog.blogspot.com/

boo_licious said...

thxs Henry Leong.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...