Monday, June 25, 2007

Curry Laksa @ Chicken Cuisine, Glenmarie, Shah Alam




Chase away your Monday blues with a good thick curry laksa or curry noodles like this particular one found in Shah Alam. A bit far to travel from the city but the curry is good stuff. A bowl of curry laksa will be served with two pieces of chicken, cockles and tofu puffs. Thick and rich, you can understand why this restaurant is packed with people every day for lunch.

Aside from laksa, this particular stall within the funnily named Chicken Cuisine (their logo had a chicken with a serving tray versus it being served on a platter!?) also serves yong tau foo. You pick and choose what you wish to eat from trays of ready made yong tau foo and they'll prepare the chee cheong fun for you straight away. If these items are not to your fancy, why don't you just head up the road for the Meng Kee Char Siew instead.

Chicken Cuisine Restaurant
6, Jalan UI/36 (Jalan Pekedai)
Seksyen UI Hicom-Glenmarie Industrial Park,
40150 Shah Alam

(Non Halal. If you drive down Glenmarie until you reach the Shell petrol station. Take the first left and go straight. Take a right at Jalan Pekedai and drive down, the shop is at the second shop just before the corner and further down from Meng Kee.)


*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely based on my personal tastebuds and may vary for others. The reviewer also declares that she has not received any monetary or non-monetary compensation from the restaurant for writing this review.

Tagged with:
+

Other reviews:

13 comments:

Big Boys Oven said...

Oh my God! Curry Chicken Noodle..... this will drive me nuts, such an early day, you make me crave for this noodle, yet again, you so bad one! : )

sc said...

this picture is gorgeous! though i'm not a curry laksa fan, i sure wanna take a bite into this!

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

yummy! I lurve lurve lurve the curry laksa here. Am glad that something so good is so easily accessible for someone like me who lives in Shah Alam. :-)

Precious Pea said...

I tried this curry laksa immediately after our Meng Kee Char Siu outing months ago. I love the laksa here although hubby commented it would be better if they use thinner meehoon. I find the soup really thick...yummy!

Flower said...

Love that kerang in the mee. Yummy... miss eating kerang now.

MeiyeN said...

looks sinfully creamy and yummy but never tried before.. one day, i shall drop by!

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

yum yum..i find the final touch of the mint leave gives that extra oomph to the laksa especially if its abit too creamy..tat si ham looks si beh shiok ler..haha

UnkaLeong said...

Take me to your leader...I insist on another curry laksa post! ROFL.

psst...somebody told me the curry noodle in Jaya Noodle House - Value for Money...

boo_licious said...

big boys oven - time to make some for dinner tonite?

sc - laksa is good, u shld try it.

lemongrass - yes, just down the road from yr hse. Lucky you.

precious pea - ah, sounds like you did a good job since you ate the laksa and the char siu.

flower - yeah, I remember you mentioning no kerang in perth, so strange.

meiyen - well worth the drive if you love thick laksa.

joe - on the way to klang, can drop by for a quick bite?

unkaleong - LOL, don't worry there shld be more since I have been exploring the whole area. Didn't know Jaya noodle hse has good curry noodles, I usually eat their beef brisket noodle which is very good stuff. Only problem abt that place is it is super dark hence no pixs.

jackson - I guess meng kee char siu for u instead.

wmw said...

Have you tried the one from Kam Fatt yet? The one that I usually go to with the crispy intestines!

boo_licious said...

wmw - thxs for the reminder. Will give it a try soon when I'm down town.

ZMM said...

Hey.. you have to try this Kampung Subang wanton mee stall which serves better curry laksa than this Chicken cuisine (tried Chicken cuisine.. it's nice when you eat it, but don't like the after taste).

What more.. the wanton mee seller makes his own noodle, and fishball..

Btw, I'm not visiting your blog any more.. you always make me very hungry!

J.C. said...

I have tasted their curry laksa. It's overly creamy for me. I like all the Yong Tau Foo varieties that they offer though. Your pix of the laksa is very well-taken that the laksa seems so delicious!!! They could use your photo to promote their laksa!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...