Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Thai Express @ The Curve, Mutiara Damansara

During the weekends, we always end up at Mutiara Damansara whether it is meeting up with friends for lunch or just shopping for groceries and etc. Although we both have established favourites around the place we keep eating all the time, we thought of trying something new. I have read some pretty dismal views about Thai Express, a chain originating from Singapore but we decided to try it for ourself as the place is forever packed with people eating there.



The restaurant has an inside area and an al-fresco dining area where you can sit under an awning. For picture taking purposes, we sat outside and the furthest away from the wait staff so they will not give me dagger stares when I took pictures. Maybe I sat too far away as I felt the wait staff wasn't too attentive but since I didn't want them hovering around me it was a blessing in disguise. We ordered the plain mango salad(RM6.90++) that came with less chillies. For the spicier version, they have a similair one called Chiang Mai mango salad. I liked the salad which came with mango shreds (weren't too raw) and a pretty sweet sauce.



Splashie Boy ordered this unusual dish - soft shell crab curry with white rice (RM15.90++) which was also one of the most expensive dishes on the menu. It turned out to be really yummy with an eggy curry sauce topping that was not too spicy for him.



I wanted to try the laksa and was at a dither choosing between the different curries that came in traffic light colours i.e. red, yellow and green and the khao soi. I ended up getting the yellow curry seafood laksa (RM11.90++). Bad idea as I ended up having to fish around the large bowl for my food as they gave me such a small portion. They also overcooked my laksa noodles and everytime I tried to place them in the spoon with my chopsticks, it kept breaking. I was ranting about their noodles that I am sure the next table could hear me complaining away. Although the portions are tiny, the yellow curry was tasty.

Drinks at this place are super expensive (we had limeade and coconut water at RM6.90++ each) so be aware of the prices as sometimes the food is so spicy that one will end up ordering quite a few orders to quench the fire within. Will I come back again? I guess I would only when I am sick of eating at the other places since choices are so limited within that area. If any of you have any food recommendations around that area, do drop me a comment.

Thai Express Restaurant
G50, Jalan PJU 7/3
The Curve, Mutiara Damansara

Tel No: 03 - 7710 9629
(Pork Free)

*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely based on my personal tastebuds and may vary for others. The reviewer also declares that she has not received any monetary or non-monetary compensation from the restaurant for writing this review.

Tagged with:

I am starting this new section, links to other bloggers' review as you can also see what others think about the place. This is to give a pretty fair view since everyone has differing views of the taste of food depending on their tastebuds and experiences.
  1. Jasemaine Gan - 12 August, 2005
  2. ...life is lived forwards but understood backwards - 12 October, 2005
  3. Obsession - 31 October, 2005
  4. Chicks and Pea.com - 14 January, 2006
  5. Life of a Food Lover - 18 January, 2006

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...