Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Bakin' Boys @ Suria KLCC



I spied this little place just outside Little Penang Cafe in Suria KLCC recently and decided to indulge in their cookies. The cookies are huge and remind me of the ones you see in American magazines. Surprisingly this is a
Singapore franchise as I thought it was American based. Pretty good timing in opening at Suria KLCC too since Mrs. Fields cookies have closed leaving no cookie competition.



The main deal at this place are their cookies which comes in a variety of flavours and nifty names with price ranges from RM3.60 to RM3.90. I chose the Milkman Meltdown(RM3.60) which is described as a chewy cookie on the inside with a chunk of milk chocolate within it. I thought this was average as there was not much taste to the cookie besides the milk chocolate bit.



For my second cookie, I decided to go for the really chocolately ones and had this nifty little chap called the Martian Fellow(RM3.90). This was superb - lovely chocolately flavours with a melting center that had gooey chocolate bits. I think I am in love with this little fella as he is so yummy. The best bit about this cookie is it's not overly sweet as they use at least 55% cocoa content chocolates. This is great for me as I am totally obssessed with chocolates with high cocoa mass. Now I am eager to try their other chocolately cookies to see if they are just as nice as this particular one or even better. However, I better go slow on eating them or else I will be growing sideways!

Besides cookies, they also serve muffins, coffee and milkshakes for takeaway. Check their local website too for the many flavours and there is a promotion that allows you to get a free cookie if it's your birthday.

Bakin' Boys
K43, Level 4
Suria KLCC
(The booth outside Little Penang Cafe)

*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely based on my personal tastebuds and may vary for others. The reviewer also declares that she has not received any monetary or non-monetary compensation from the restaurant for writing this review.

Links to other reviews:
  1. Living My Dreams - 11 January, 2006
  2. Fairytales do come true - 26 January, 2006
  3. Lolyta - 17 February, 2006
  4. One of the owners is also a blogger - Phases

Tagged with: + +

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...