Friday, January 06, 2006

Lai Foong Beef Noodles @ Kuala Lumpur


Ever since I was a wee little kid, I always love going down town as it meant visiting my cousins who lived on Petaling Street. They lived on the upper levels of a pre-war shophouse which was only accesible by climbing this steep and slippery wooden staircase. It was pretty scary stuff for me when I was a kid and I used to clutch on to the rails and gingerly take each step as I was so scared of heights. Besides those scary memories, I always had a wonderful time discovering all the great food around the area. One of my all time favourite places we ate just round the corner from their house was the Lai Foong Restaurant. Everytime we went there, we will only eat the beef noodles which to me has never changed ever since I was a little girl.


I still regularly eat at this place whenever I am down town as I love their beef noodles with slices of beef, beef balls and beef tripe. It comes with a flavoursome broth that is sprinkled with chopped preserved vegetables and coriander. I will slowly savour the noodles, eating bit by bit with the broth until everything in my bowl is finished. Another essential bit that must go with my beef noodles (if you can spy at the background) is a cup of local coffee with a dash of condensed milk.


If you do visit the restaurant, remember to stop by the Tong Kee Brothers confectionery which has a stall in front selling egg tarts, buns, biscuits and etc. Their egg tarts are superb - flaky crust and quivering egg centres. When I was a kid, it was a real treat for me to bring to school an egg tart and a coconut bun for my snack.


Lai Foong Restaurant
138, Jalan Tun HS Lee
Kuala Lumpur

Tel No: 03 - 2072 8123
(Opens from early morning till lunch time. The beef noodles costs RM4 a bowl)


*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely based on my personal tastebuds and may vary for others. The reviewer also declares that she has not received any monetary or non-monetary compensation from the restaurant for writing this review.

Tagged with:
+


3 comments:

Bkworm said...

This is my favourite beef noodles!! I have been to many other shops but nothing beat this one at Lai Foong! In order to beat the jam, I actually took an LRT from Sentral to Pasar Seni just to eat a bowl of their beef noodles. Crazy or what??

Ms One Boobie said...

Yums..!! gotta try this.. when i am around the vicinty the next time.. ;)

boo_licious said...

de book worm - it's not crazy! I would do that to just for my fav food.

mamabok - quick, plan your trip home to Spore and KL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...