Friday, December 14, 2007

Matcha Ice Cream @ Yokomon, The Curve, Petaling Jaya



Something short and sweet to end the week with - Matcha Ice Cream from
Yokomon. I saw this particular Japanese brand of ice-cream during the recent FHM event in KL Convention Centre. They have started selling this here at the Curve's concourse area as a special Xmas promotion. It seems their outlet is at Cathay Cineleisure.

I felt it was quite pricey for about RM6.90. However, it is interesting to see how the machine works. Frozen ice cream in a small round tub is taken out and placed in this machine. The staff will wind this lever at the side and the ice-cream will come out in a soft swirl. I guess there is a mechanism within the machine to convert the frozen ice-cream into a softer version. The texture is nice but I felt the matcha taste was not so strong. Must be my own personal taste as I like my matcha tea to taste quite strong and slightly bitter. Aside from matcha, they also have azuki (red bean), goma (black sesame), daku choko (dark choc), ichigo (strawberry) and ramu reezun (rum raisin).

Yokomon Ice-Cream Stand
Concourse Area
The Curve
Mutiara Damansara
Petaling Jaya

(Pork Free)

*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely based on my personal tastebuds and may vary for others. The reviewer also declares that she has not received any monetary or non-monetary compensation from the restaurant for writing this review.

Tagged with: +

14 comments:

Jun said...

how would u rate its sweetness?

daphne said...

wah..that's expensive!! well, i guess it is a nice treat..

yammylicious said...

awww matcha ice creammmm.. Rm6.90 almost same price wif BR31.. so greenie..

~Christine~Leng said...

such a small portion for RM6.90? but would definitely try it out since I can't resist green tea ice cream! ^^

ling239 said...

hmmm... maybe i should go for the dark choc one... ^_^

Anonymous said...

OMG I thought it is a dup of wasabi lol

wmw said...

Tried it...not as strong flavoured as I would like it to be. However, it tasted better when I tried in at KL Convention Centre during the FHM event.

teckiee said...

is this the machine that requires no cleaning? i did ask for the franchise price.. not that expensive ... can buy the whole machine and put at home...hahahhaha. Tried at FHM also... went for a few rounds and manage to try a few flavors.. nice and smooth ice cream.

Swee San said...

try kuyichai's soft serve green tea ice cream (RM2.50 only) and its so much better than yokomon's

Sugar Bean said...

I think I would try it out even for 6.90. Love macha ice-cream! And they even have azuki! Thanks for introducing!

Precious Pea said...

Yummy! I love green tea ice-cream. Will try it out if i remember. I think this is also the one WMW raved about.

Tummythoz said...

I like it bitter too. Goes better with d sweet red beans.

boo_licious said...

Jun - not that sweet but somehow lacking that green tea taste.

Daphne - just one to try. Weird as it tasted so much better in FHM.

yammylicious - I think I rather have BR or Haagen Daz!

Christine Leng - yeah, I also cannot resist green tea ice cream.

ling239 - do tell if that is good?

amirah - hahaha, it does look like that! I had no lights in the concourse, it was after 10pm hence I had to stand at the G2000 shop and snap the pix.

wmw - weird, I guess they decided to tweak the recipe. I thought same as the FHM one hence I bought.

teckiee - quick buy the machine, we will haunt yr hse!

sweesan - I find that version too watery though even the taste is ok.

wen ching and esiong - too bad don't have the beans on top of the macha ice cream as that will be good stuff.

precious pea - yeah, it was good at FHM. Here, I thought it was so so only.

tummythoz - yeah, bitter means taste of the tea vs just green is colouring.

Dr.Gray said...

Wow that color is bright almost radioactive green. I thought green tea ice cream was supposed to be a little darker. Food coloring I suppose. But I do love green tea ice cream.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...