Monday, December 24, 2007

Durian Cream Puff @ Happy Meal, Jalan Tun HS Lee, Kuala Lumpur



I love these teeny weeny bites. Oozing with sinful durian cream, one bite is never enough. Luckily the shop seems to know it, as they sell them in packs of 4 pieces for 60 sens each (RM2.40 per pack). Encased in a plastic sandwich box, everyone loves these puffs. I once brought them to a King Crab dinner and the guys - tankiasu, Jackson and Jason gave their thumbs up.

The bakery also sells various pastries - egg tarts, durian tarts, durian swiss roll, pineapple tarts, sandwiches and etc. Getting here is okay if you take the LRT but if you're driving past to just pack a few, there's no parking around this busy corner. They also supply these durian cream puffs to a certain cafe in Pavilion Kuala Lumpur. However prices are like double or triple, if I am not mistaken. Definitely better to get them here.

Kafe Happy Meal
143, Jalan Tun H.S. Lee
Kuala Lumpur

(Pork free. Tel 03 - 2072 6080. Open from 7.00 am to 6.45 pm and closed on Sunday.)

*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely based on my personal tastebuds and may vary for others. The reviewer also declares that she has not received any monetary or non-monetary compensation from the restaurant for writing this review.

18 comments:

Precious Pea said...

I still remember Jackson's reaction when he popped it into his mouth! Hahaha! Seriously good stuff!

Cat Cat said...

Wow Boo... I can see durian in the cream.... YUM YUM... I will pay $10 for 4 if they have it here....

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

yeah, they're seriously good stuff man. Somemore so near my office. Now if I could just get off my butt and walk there! haha.

MeiyeN said...

too bad that have no chance to savour them cause am not too familiar with this area.. anyways, merry christmas to you and your loved ones! :)

Collecting Moments said...

I heard that the durian swiss roll is a must try! :D

Dear boo,

Wishing you & your family a xmas filled with a Ho-Ho-Whole lotta happiness, cheer,love and good food :)

Merry Xmas & a Happy New Year

Unknown said...

yeah reli good stuff..my whole car smell of durian after i get it from them..only complain would be the durian filling melted really fast, it becomes a bit messy when i reach home :(

kbguy said...

mmmnn.. looks so delicious.. I am adding you in my blog. Hope you don't mind.. adding me too. I enjoy eating..

Big Boys Oven said...

we wish you a jolly good christmas and a marvelous new year!

Sharon Y. said...

I'm attracted to this durian cream puff already! Die die must try ;)

Tummythoz said...

Hmm thinking maybe can grab as breakfast on weekdays .. but scared of the retribution by my durian adverse colleagues. =P

ling239 said...

hahahah... i have tried this and love it too ~ ^_^

Merry Christmas & Happy Boxing day

yammylicious said...

merry christmas to u masak masak!!

aww durian cram puff.. i havent try yet

teckiee said...

ehh there's durian swiss roll also? wahhhhhhh i must try already like that!

Jason said...

When I see durian based stuff, I thought of Jackson. Heheh..

Starry Eyed said...

Hye I was wondering whether u cud recommend any dumplings restaurant which is halal. if u have any such place id really wud like to know heheh

boo_licious said...

precious pea - hee hee, he was so happy!

Jackson - yeah, I almost forgot abt them since it was so long ago!

Cat cat - hiya! Happy New Year to u and yr family. Wish I could send u some.

lyrical lemongrass - maybe u shld call and ask them if they do delivery?

meiyen - happy new year! Guess one day u just ask Bob to swing by and get these.

honey star - thxs for the well wishes! Happy New Year to u too! Aiks, now I want some durian roll also.

kampungboycitygal - yeah, it does get messy but once u pop in the mouth, that messy look is forgotten!

sri kebabakat - thxs!

Big boys oven - Happy New Year to you both of you!

durianberry - hee hee, with a nickname like this, I reckon u must go try this place.

tummythoz - hahaha, u won't be very popular among them at all.

ling239 - Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to you too!

yammylicious - thxs and Happy New Year! Go try, as they are super yummy.

teckiee - hee hee, I also want to try since Honey Star says it is a must.

jason - he is such a fan!

yours truly - only know one in Berjaya Times Square. Try it, quite nice esp the pan fried ones.

http://masak-masak.blogspot.com/2006/02/tian-shan-restaurant-berjaya-times.html

J.C. said...

Wow, this durian puffs are delicious-looking! For RM0.60 per piece, it's a huge bargain! I am going downtown for a street scene photo shoot in Petaling Street. Will definitely go there in search of more delicous food.

Any recommendation of good food to look out for in the Petaling Street area? I plan to go down this week. Look forward to your recommendations. Thanks!

Petite Lass said...

It reminds me of a miniature version of Beard's Papa cream puff ;-)
Well, the price has gone up to MYR2.80 per pack. I like the Durian Tart and the pineapple tart as well. Would love to try the Cream Cheese Cake next time =D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...