Sunday, July 01, 2007

Breakfast @ Terrace Bakery, Mont Kiara Shoplex, Kuala Lumpur



Don't all of you love the lazy weekends? It's such a great time to catch up sleep, meet up with friends and to eat leisurely breakfasts. I'm actually not much of a breakfast person but I'm trying to change and make it a weekly habit to try different things for my weekend breakfasts.

I have in file quite a few places I have visited so hopefully I can keep this going. I first read about the breakfast fare at this place from Lots of Cravings. We checked it out one weekend - not many people here and it was relatively quiet versus the preferred Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf next to it. I'll work my way backwards as we actually had this for dessert, the Banana French Toast (RM4.80). It was excellent as they had caramelised the bananas on top beautifully and drizzled lots of syrup with a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar. Underneath the banana and egg mixture was fluffy white bread. Besides the banana french toast, you can also ask for peanut butter or add as much items as you like but personally I thought this banana french toast was good enough.




Splashie Boy ordered the Scrambled Eggs which came with Beef Bacon (RM9.30) and a slice of bread. They give you a choice of few breads - wholemeal and etc which is made by them. He also ordered the Hot Honey Lemon (RM4.50) which came in a huge mug. The scrambled eggs was pretty good with chopped tomatoes, peppers and onions. It is also served with a side salad that is topped with a slightly piquant dressing.



I had the omelette which came with mushrooms, chopped onions and garlic (RM9.90). Feeling indulgent, I also added an order of cheese for RM2. I thought this wasn't fantastic as you couldn't really taste the mushrooms or the cheese. If I had known the additional cheese would not have helped enhance the taste, I would have omitted it. They also do scrambled eggs with cajun spice, smoked salmon with scrambled eggs and etc. There's usually a basic order and if you wish to add different toppings, it is an additional charge. Aside from hot honey lemon, tea and coffee, I also liked the fact they had local kopi-o for RM2.50 which is usually my preferred drink for breakfast.

Overall, I thought the food was not too bad but my favourite is their Banana French Toast which I would not mind trying again. Breakfast is available from 8 am to 7 pm daily. There's also a small lunch menu and a wide variety of cakes, pastries and buns available at their counter that is baked fresh.

Terrace Bakery
Unit 15-0-2A
Shoplex Mont Kiara
Jalan Kiara
Kuala Lumpur

Tel No: 03 - 6203 2980

(Halal. The small shop is next to Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. To get here from the traffic turn off to Mont Kiara, go straight when you see Plaza Mont Kiara on your left hand side. Take the second right turn after Baskin Robbins, Marmalade and Kiosk. Make another right turn to get into the shoplex's carpark. Alternatively you can park at the roadside where Baskin Robbins is located and walk up the stairs to this place. There are tables and chairs placed outside and inside the small shop.)

*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely based on my personal tastebuds and may vary for others. The reviewer also declares that she has not received any monetary or non-monetary compensation from the restaurant for writing this review.

Tagged with:
+

Other reviews:

14 comments:

Big Boys Oven said...

It is definitely be a lazy sunday after a long weekday of work at the office. They look so tempting and delicous, it must be a must to have a visit.

teckiee said...

The banana french toast looks really good. Enough carbs to last the day.

~Christine~Leng said...

Your pictures just boost my appetite so so much! can't help it :P

Jun said...

oh hey... for being in a place like mt kiara, prices aren't too bad!

Anonymous said...

hey there, it looks so delicious.

I'm from New Zealand, just arrived few dys ago in KL. I might try to try some of the restaurant as your listed.
Hey, can we become friend :-)

Cheers
Valerie

GFAD said...

Prices look very reasonable. Much more so than the breakfasts at Bakerzin.

BTW, I have been looking for a wooden butter knife or wooden tongs. Would you have any idea where I can get them?

boo_licious said...

big boys oven - hope u had a relaxing sunday.

teckiee - yes, it was very good and I loved the banana bits as it was nice and soft.

christine - hope u got a good meal tday.

jun - yeah, it's a nice little bakery with a few tables outside. Kinda nice to eat here once in a while.

valerie - if u need help on where to eat, drop me an email at boo_liciouskl@yahoo.com, have fun at KL.

kat - not too sure. I think Metro does a wood collection as I remember always seeing it, maybe you want to try there?

Unknown said...

Isn't it lovely that some places are still understated gems? Fresh, warm and just cooked breakfast. Fresh bread baked in the cafe. I used to have solitary brunches here in between work. Beats having breakfast at their next door neighbour!

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

i was just at marmalade yesterday..but was contemplating whether to take my parents to go to terrace bakery instead.. they also saw the pic of that banana french toast haha and kept asking where i got it..

myCoffee said...

Looks like a lovely place to go for breakfast.

boo_licious said...

amy - I guess people don't know a good thing as they usually head for Coffee Bean. Sometimes I do see the Jap ladies will dine here.

Joe - u mean the marmalade next door? It's nice there too with the deck.

boo_licious said...

mycoffee - I like the banana french toast, very yum. Give it a try.

Jason said...

The scramble egg and omelette looks very good.

boo_licious said...

jason - do give it a try. Not too far from cheras.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...