Monday, July 30, 2007

Noodles @ Restoran 3U, Taman Taynton View, Cheras, Kuala Lumpur



As I have mentioned before, I always get incredibly lost in Cheras. It's like I generally know how to get there but I'll end up taking two or three rounds before I reach my destination. This particular place which WMW from
You Get What You Give Sometimes blogged about earlier was a fine example. Great directions from the highway with road signs but I still flubbed it at the end by taking a wrong turn. Luckily I could go through the same way again and managed to find it.

There's lots of soupy noodles here to satisfy and warm a tummy well especially with all the rainy days we have been recently experiencing. They have this delish looking prawn noodles with three huge prawns. Didn't get to try that but it looked tempting. I had their prawn wantan noodles (RM4.80) instead which didn't wow me probably because the prawn wantans weren't crunchy. I did like the soup broth which came with it as it was rich and very addictive. One spoonful is not enough and I ended up slurping almost three quarters of it down. The soup broth feels very home made and has relatively very little MSG in it.


Then there's the recommended Beef Mix Noodles (RM4.80) which was excellent. I had it with the Cintan Mee that is home made with fine strands that went so well with the rich beefy soup. My favourite bits of the mix was the beef slices - so tender they melted in my mouth.


Aside from the noodles, you can also ask for additional items like poached chicken (RM5). I didn't think much of it as it wasn't smooth enough.


When it comes to bean sprouts (RM2), I love them extra crunchy. These ones didn't pass the crunch test nor the fat and luscious test. I guess I should have stuck to the soup broth instead.

Do drop by this place to sample their noodles especially the delicious soup. It's relatively easy from the highway as there's signs leading you all the way. I understand that three friends opened this place hence the reference to 3U which means Sam You (in cantonese, three friends). You'll see them around the restaurant either helping out at the counter or taking orders.

Restaurant 3U
25, Jalan Dato' Haji Harun
Taman Taynton View
Cheras
Kuala Lumpur

(Non Halal. Open from 7.00 am to 7.00 pm. Closed on Thursday. For a map, please refer to
You Get What You Want Sometimes blog)

*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely based on my personal tastebuds and may vary for others. The reviewer also declares that she has not received any monetary or non-monetary compensation from the restaurant for writing this review.

17 comments:

Cat Cat said...

boo,
I remember it was quite hard to find prawn wantan noodles in KL when I lived there 7 years ago. But definitely I'm a big fan of prawn wantan compared to regular ones.

backStreetGluttons said...

we must do something bout yr perpetual lostness in Cheras !
anyway soo kee PJ 's prawn wanton kuey teow and chickens r hard to beat

Lovely Malaysia Food said...

Hello Boo, if you like beansprouts, i recommend to you the one from Restoran Ipoh Chicken Rice Jalan Gasing in PJ. It is very crucnhy.

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

is da fat and luscious test a new one, boo? :-P

Everything looks really delicious here.

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

hahah fat and luscious test..i remember tat phrase from somewhere..

same comment to wmw..i saw that cat sized rate and everything went downhill..i had an extra blur waitress @ 7am..i reckon she was as blur as me..

but the food is decent and quite good..

Big Boys Oven said...

The beef noodle looks great....and sounds lovely.... "melts in your mouth"... it must have been cooked well. I must try as beef noodle is my favourite noodle.

Tummythoz said...

Haha. New quote for taugeh - fat & luscious.

SLACKER said...

how can you get lost is cheras? anyhow, you should try the fish balls at restaurant kei kei on the same road.. and you should also try the fish head restaurant near the former FIT about 5 mins drive from 3U.. that place serves more than 15 varieties of steam fish head... damn good stuff....

CHERAS FOOD RAWKS!g

Ginger said...

wah... the beef noodle look fantastic laaa.. so niceeee..

come and visit my new food blog www.feastmalaysia.com

it is still very new but it will be updated every now and then!

thanks

sc said...

guess i'll never get to try this restaurant..i'm hopeless in cheras too! :(

wmw said...

Oooh, yes! That mixed Beef noodles is good! Yum, yum!

Unknown said...

same problem here..alwiz lost my way around cheras area..but the food in 3U looks so good..wonder if i will brave myself against the traffic for good food

boo_licious said...

cat cat - now it's more common as there's a lot of standalone shops selling it.

team bsg - yes, Soo Kee ranks very highly in my opinion as the chicken, wantan and noodles are great stuff till now.

lovely malaysia food - thanks, I have not eaten there for quite some time. Must revisit it one day.

lemongrass - hee hee, must use benchmark set by someone on that test!

joe - didn't see any suspicious characters lurking but then maybe it was too early for them?

big boys oven - good stuff, give it a try.

tummythoz - std has been set for taugeh now.

slacker - I know, I'm hopeless with that area. Think I'm destined to be lost always. Thanks for the recommendations - sounds very good.

ginger - cool, another new food blog. Welcome to the world of food blogging.

sc - must brave it as the food is good stuff.

wmw - it was yums! Thanks for the recommendation.

kampungboycitygal - just go on a weekend and drive slowly to look for it. It's actually pretty easy from the Cheras highway, just that I'm hopeless here.

Bernsy said...

hey u gotta come back to this area, in Taynton View, and try supposedly, allegedly, best fishball noodles in town.

Its on the same street, but on a different block, further up the hill. You should be able to see one shop that sells fishball with lots of people.

boo_licious said...

bernsy - this is jin man rite? Yeah, I may make another trip there since I'm getting the hang of Cheras already!

Sheryl0202 said...

Hey thanks for the recommendation. I went there justnow, Love the char siew! Your blog has become my eating guide!

メღ傻婆のXїїåÕ魔鬼ß mUi mUiღメ said...

The chef have left 3u Restaurant 9 month ago,He has open his own Restaurant in Bandar Puchong Jaya,By the name Three U Kopitiam.So the Authentic taste is in Three U Kopitiam because Chef Liew has well keep his original recipe.If you want to taste his Food or Soup Please came to Three U Kopitiam at No.9,Jln Kenari 7,Bandar Puchong Jaya,47100 Puchong,Sel.and u can Contact Person Mr.Leong H/P:012-3161189

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...