Thursday, July 12, 2007

Cendol @ Section 17, Petaling Jaya



Cool down during this crazy heat with a bowl of cendol. Although this may not be the best one in town but when I'm driving past this place, it makes a refreshing stop over. This particular stall is very popular among the office people and the students from nearby University Malaya. Even though there's rojak at the next stall, I usually just have a bowl of cendol.

Made entirely from shaved ice, the man will ladle gula melaka syrup and the coconut milk full of cendol strands. This particular stall usually serves it with cincau (grass jelly) strands and red beans but I like my cendol plain. Mix it all up and the ice will start to melt making the whole concoction less sweet. Definitely makes a great way to battle the heat at just RM1.20 for a small bowl or RM1.40 for a big bowl. You can either sit at the stall or pack back the cendol which most people do as seats can be limited.

Cendol and Rojak Mustaffa
At the corner of Jalan 17/41A and Jalan 17/21
Section 17
Petaling Jaya

(Halal. From noon to about 5pm. If coming from the Rothmans roundabout, take the second left turn which is Jalan 17/21, the stall is on the left hand side)

*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely based on my personal tastebuds and may vary for others. The reviewer also declares that she has not received any monetary or non-monetary compensation from the restaurant for writing this review.

Tagged with:
+


Other reviews:

9 comments:

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

i dunno..but i prefer lots of red bean to go with it..

Xiu Long Bao said...

arr...arr...my cendol! cendol! last week i tried roadside cendol from an indian stall in a white van near plaza damansara. They even added pulut. Kinda strange.

Jun said...

i spy... pulut! pls pls tell me they put pulut or else i'll scratch him off my list! :D

Jason said...

Some will add pulut ma. But I like the usual... red bean/kidney beans, cendol and gula melaka. *wipes drool*

Precious Pea said...

I tried this stall twice..not bad. Big crowd too.

boo_licious said...

joe - personal preference, I'm not a great fan of red bean.

xiu long bao - yeah, cendol pulut is kinda different. Add tapai and that is even more unique.

jun - I don't remember seeing pulut but I think the one near Taman Mayang/Taman Megah does serve with pulut.

jason - am sure there shld be some yummy ones in Cheras. great thirst quencher.

precious pea - this place kinda infamous and quite central hence a lot of people always.

kamarul said...

hi boo_licious,

Your blog was great. Would you mine have a link exchange with me?

my email dxblogger[at]gmail[dot]com.

I'd like to link your website with my company website.

Thanks.

boo_licious said...

dx-blogger - no need to ask permission to link so do go ahead.

Blur Mommy said...

Aaargh.. this is torture!!! I miss chendol so much! I like mine with beans. : p

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...