Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Restoran Yong Len @ Taman Tun Dr Ismail, KL




Last Sunday was one of the rare occasions I managed to eat a late breakfast with my mother since Splashie Boy was out of town. We headed towards the coffee shop, Yong Len at Taman Tun Dr Ismail for her current favourite "makan" i.e. their prawn mee. The prawn mee(RM4.30 with extra ingredients) is excellent here and I find the soup broth is sweeter versus the ones they serve at Lim Mee Yoke. There's lots of great food at this coffee shop, their char kuey teow is not too bad and full of fat and crunchy bean sprouts. There is also a pretty good
curry laksa at one of the stalls which I had earlier blogged about.


Besides the hawker items, we also love their char siu pau (RM1.10). Although it's the run of the mill kind you get in a tall steamer in front of the restaurant, their paus are from a brand called Onn Onn which is excellent. You can get them at selected coffeeshops but for us, we usually get them at this place. They also have a vegetarian pau filled with grated sengkuang which is not too bad.


In front of the shop, there is a stall which sells Nyonya cakes. A must have here are their ang koos i.e. sticky red tinted rice cakes filled with green beans. The green version on top is filled with grated coconut that is not as good as the traditional red ones.

Restoran Yong Len
Taman Tun Dr Ismail
(Opposite Perodua showroom and same row as 7-Eleven)
Closes on Monday

*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely based on my personal tastebuds and may vary for others. The reviewer also declares that she has not received any monetary or non-monetary compensation from the restaurant for writing this review.

Tagged with: + + +

7 comments:

The Pondering Introvert said...

I know this, I have been eating there since 15 years ago :D

boo_licious said...

nyokk - yeah, if u live around TTDI, this must be a stop over as so few coffeeshops around there.

FooDcrazEE said...

same row as 7 11 ....near alliance bank then is it ? havent been there for long liao lar

Audrey Cooks said...

Used to be one of my fav. b'fast places before I became a mommy. The place is slightly cramp and hot for a baby but food is pretty tasty.

Tummythoz said...

RM4.30? Kindly steep. If no xtra ingredients, how much?

J said...

yum yum.

If I remember correctly, the chicken rice at that coffee shop is also nice.

:)

boo_licious said...

foodcrazee - not many coffeeshops there so can't miss it.

audrey cooks - oh no! I guess if with baby it's difficult unless if you sit in front of the nyonya kuih stall.

tummythoz - dunno? I only ate their noodles with extra ingredients since it's what my mother likes to order.

william - do enjoy yrself. Lots of great food.

J - yeah, I heard good things abt the chicken rice too but usually when I am here, must haves for me that keeps my tummy happy are the prawn mee, curry laksa and paus.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...