Saturday, October 27, 2007

Weekend Cat Blogging (WCB) 125



Kitten update for the weekend. They're all adapting well to their caged environment. We had one "incident" though. I have been slowly taking them out of the cage and holding each one for some time to domesticate them. When it came to this ginger one (the one who bit me last time), it was all drama.



The adventurous kitten decided it will try and run off - first it ran to the car and hid there. Luckily I got it out, then it ran towards the drain. That is when I was expecting to say goodbye to it since it would have been impossible for me to retrieve it. Luckily I had the mother cat and we teamed up to look for the naughty feline.


She sought the kitten out by crying for it. It obviously had loads of respect for its own mother and ran towards her. She started gripping it by the neck to bring it out from the drain. Took her a few times to do it as this fella was struggling. I decided to help her by grabbing the kitten from her and wrapping it with a big towel so it would not struggle. Luckily that worked or else this kitten would have been lost in the wilderness.

The kitten is still slowly adapting to a domestic life - tried to teach it to play today with scrunched up papers. It seems to be working as they were happily tossing the balls around and sniffing it to see what was so special.

This weekend for WCB, it is Halloween so let us celebrate the mighty black cat at Catsynth. I have one black kitten - a fluffy and adorable one with a cute small patch of white at its chest. Very cute especially when double teaming with the other black and white kitten.

10 comments:

Astrid (…and the kitties too) said...

Oh sweetie you are such an angel to those little kitten and her mum.
We hope they can find some loving homes and live a spoiled and papmerde life!
They are so sweet! whenever I see them I am tempted to get another furball into my own life... *sigh* but I doubt the boys would love that thought...

Purrrs hugs and love from alla us!

Zack said...

eat the cat, no?

good blog! keep em coming..with all the delicious, juicy story o' yours!

Katie said...

I'm glad you got the kitten back, I was a bit worried when you said it headed for the drain! You're doing such a good thing, taking care of the mum and the kittens. :)

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

They are extremely sweet!!! I find that what you do for them is wonderful!

Cheers,

Rosa

Kitikata-san said...

Look at all the baby kittens you are helping! I must say, the orange kitten needs to behave better. He is going to give ginger kitties a bad name! Thank you for helping mama and kittens!

boo_licious said...

astrid, kashim and othello - we better make an effort in looking for a home for them soon as they're growing so big. They're awfully sweet though.

eh no eat the cat pls in this blog!

Katie - my heart fell when I saw it jump into the drain. Luckily the mummy cat was so wonderful to extract the naughty one home or else sayonara kitty!

rosa - I guess when kitties come calling you just try and help them.

kitikatasan - I suspect it does not mean it, just scared abt me since I look like a giant to the little fella.

myCoffee said...

Luckily, all's well ends well.. But the little ginger kitten looks so angelic and cute....

Lady Gargle said...

Your kittens are just so adorable! :D Though it reminds me of my lil Tiger that dies on 2nd raya :(

boo_licious said...

mycoffee - angels can be devils too!

frankesteina - do u want one? they're up for adoption.

A Yasir said...

Gggrrrrr....

Miao!

Damn cute lar. I do want to adopt one, but with me planning to move out from the current apt soon, I have to hold the plan.

Sister dun want to give me the cage she got ( of course la, got two playful kittens to look after ). And I can't let the cat wander around the house, 'cause got housemate oso.

Oh well, a break from all the super yummy foods.

I'll let you know when I am able to adopt one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...