Friday, October 19, 2007

Laksa Johor & Mee Bandung @ Warung Aji-Don, Plaza Damas, Kuala Lumpur



Something simple to end the week with - Johor food. I'm not too sure if the stall is open yet with the Raya break as I had this sometime back. If you do want to visit, do it next week instead. This particular corner shop filled with various stalls is one of the places which serves Johor specialties. The last time I blogged about their
Mee Rebus, Kachang Pol and Murtabak. Sadly no more Kachang Pol here but the Mee Rebus Baidali is still around. This stall was introduced by a friend of mine.



Although it may not be the best in town, the Mee Bandung hits the right spot for me. I kinda love the gravy which is thick and topped with an egg with a runny yolk, bean curd and prawns. Another favourite is their Laksa Johor served with spaghetti that I must have. However portions here tend to be small for the price you pay for (RM5) but I often visit this place just to satisfy my cravings for this type of food. I was told the stall also sells great creme caramel but everytime I visit it they don't seem to make this anymore.

Johor Laksa & Mee Bandung Muar Stall
Stall No. 6, Warung Aji-Don Alley,
E-0-16, Plaza Damas,
Sri Hartamas
Kuala Lumpur

(Halal. Open 12.00 am to 11.00 pm and closed on Sunday.)

*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely based on my personal tastebuds and may vary for others. The reviewer also declares that she has not received any monetary or non-monetary compensation from the restaurant for writing this review.

Tagged with:
+ +

9 comments:

tankiasu said...

Wow the Mee Bandung looks really tempting. But dunno where exactly is this stall?

daphne said...

more than often, I get confused with the names of malay dishes when I'm in MY. most of the time, I just point... hahaha.. these look fantastic and I would love to have a plate now!

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

well if its closed, got chinese food la..japanese food la..western food la..im sure its ok rite?

.: babelearner :. said...

have been searching whole Plaza Damas for this place a few days back but it is closed ... if not mistaken , they reopen on 22 Oct ... same floor as Rakuzan, opposite Bagel and Coffee. =D

HairyBerry said...

is that sambal belacan on top of the laksa? drizzled with calamansi juice, i can imagine how appetising that can be!

Tummythoz said...

Noodles no alkaline smell? Luvs Mee bandung but that smell just turns me off.

teckiee said...

shouldn't they make bee bandung pink? hehehehe

Arin said...

agreed..mee bandung @ warung aji don one of the nyummy mee bandung!have u tried their chao kuey tiaw?nice too..

boo_licious said...

tankiasu - if u come out from Hartamas Shopping centre on top of the escalators in the middle part, you will see this right across. Can't miss it.

daphne - don't worry, as long as the food is yummy it is ok.

joe - worst come to worst, even got starbucks

babelearner - usually malay eateries take the whole week off so try next wk.

nic - yup it is, very nice stuff!

tummythoz - a bit of alkaline taste but I usually eat with lots of the gravy so ok for me.

teckiee - hee hee, good idea!

arin - didn't know CKT also yummy there. I usually eat the johor food as I love those dishes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...