Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Teochew Duck @ Restoran Hong Seng, Section 17, Petaling Jaya


Braised Duck

I've been feeling under the weather recently hence this was lunch yesterday - a nice comfy meal of porridge and braised items. This particular stall is located within the same coffeeshop which serves
yummy siu yoke.


Plain bowl of porridge

You can either eat the braised items with a bowl of porridge or rice depending on your fancy. There's a selection of items all set up at the stall for you to choose from: braised duck, intestines, fried ikan bilis (the large type), braised peanuts, pickled cabbages and etc.


Ham Choy

Unlike other places which usually serve these items in small bowls, this place uses a tray with various compartments. Kinda reminds me of hospital or canteen food. It definitely makes it easier for them to transport the tray versus those small bowls. Since I was hungry with no brekkie in my tummy and I was literally feeding my cold, I ordered a pile of food - duck, intestines, tofu and pickled vegetable (ham choy) which cost me RM6.


Braised Tofu

Although the braised items are not as strong tasting as I like, this satisfied my tummy and my cold which was most important. I was spooning the braising liquid with my plain porridge to give it flavour.




Braised intestines

If you're feeling peckish - walk down to the other corner coffeeshop as they sell those coveted Tong Kee egg tarts with flaky pastry and those smooth eggy centers.

Restoran Hong Seng
Along Jalan 17/29
Section 17
Petaling Jaya

(Non Halal. Opposite CIMB Bank and is at the corner.)

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely based on my personal tastebuds and may vary for others. The reviewer also declares that she has not received any monetary or non-monetary compensation from the restaurant for writing this review.

Tagged with:
+

14 comments:

Cat Cat said...

Braised Duck sounds really good... I have not been eating duck for almost 7 years now... HUHU.

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

thats quite cheap for such a lot..

New Kid on the Blog said...

Oooo... i always like this teow chew duck + porridge.... yummy yummy

Tummythoz said...

With food like this, I won't mind bit of tired bones & wet nose. Tantalising 1st pic.

ling239 said...

this is also one of my fav place for lunch ~ ^_^

Her Worldly Pleasures said...

have been going to this place since high school. the yam rice there is also very nice!

d2e said...

wow.... there's so much dining place at section 17 @,@
i recently tried the beef noodle there. quite hard to find the shop (maybe it's just me)
now, another place i gotta try ^^ thanks for bringing all these lovely places :)

bayi said...

The curry mee in the same shop is very, very good.

Second stall behind the vegetarian stall.

Nick Chan said...

waa. *saliva drops* the duck is nice! everytime i go eat porridge also got order ham choi.

boo_licious said...

cat cat - braised duck is always great as it's so tender and yummy!

Joe - yup, Sec 17 is well known for reasonably priced food.

NKOTB - so do I, I call it my comfort food.

tummythoz - can also eat this when well? No need to suffer.

ling239 - yup, this place also a fav for me during lunch.

wai sik mui - next time I try the yam rice.

d2e - this area has a lot of yummy food and reasonably priced to cater for the student crowd.

nicholas chan - yes, must orders as the ham choi seems to balance so well with the plain porridge.

daphne said...

seeing that porridge makes me home sick. This is indeed comfort food. hope u r feeling better.

Angie Tan said...

This place has been an institution in Section 17 for as long as I can remember.

Anyway, I still prefer the teochew duck at State PJ, which is only open at night. :-)

Unknown said...

Night got open?

Unknown said...

Night got open?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...