Saturday, October 20, 2007

Weekend Cat Blogging (WCB) 124 - Houston, we have kittens!



It was drama at the house this week. It has been raining almost every day hence the stray calico cat decided to move her litter of kittens from her hidey hole.



Ever since she gave birth, we have not seen her litter at all. Since she had been so secretive about them, we decided the most we could do is just feed her so she will have enough milk for her babies.



It was total chaos when I found her litter of kittens running around the house. Since I had no idea how many, it became a game of hide and seek with all of them. I caught the two black and one ginger kittens first. Managed to cut them off from their hiding place and caught them with the help of a huge towel.



Then came the difficult part - this "ferocious" ginger one. I reckon the fella was just scared as it eluded me catching it for three times. Everytime I caught it, I couldn't hold long as it bit me on my fingers. I'm still suffering from a huge bite on my middle finger which I had to put antibiotic cream just in case it became septic. After one day, I finally caught the ginger one with the help of a large towel.



Thinking I caught all of them, imagine my surprise when I heard mew mew from the store room again after 2 days. After searching behind cupboards, we found another ginger kitten. Luckily for that kitten we heard it meowing away or else it would have starved to death in the storeroom which we rarely go into.

They're now living in a huge cage but instead of scampering around, they seem to love the cardboard box we put inside for them. The black kittens seem to be more calm and happy to eat the dry kitten kibbles we give them. The ginger ones are more wary especially the one who bit me. We lock them in with their mummy who seems to be doing a lousy job as a mother. Not much maternal instinct in her as she seems to ignore their requests for milk. Instead she zooms in on their food even though she has been fed full by us outside. Hopefully we get good homes for all of them, so if anyone wants a kitten, do contact us at
boo_liciouskl@yahoo.com

For WCB updates, check out the
Tuxedo Gang Hideout where Samantha is hosting this weekend. There's even a great spread put out for all of us. Yum! Yum! Thanks Samantha!

12 comments:

Precious Pea said...

Such sweet looking kittens, just can't believe it bit you.

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Aiyoh so cute!! They're adorable! Wonder if I'll get a chance to play with them before you find them new homes? ;-)

Katie said...

They are so cute! It would be fun trying to find them all and not knowing how many she had. I'm so glad you did get them in the house - now they have a much better chance at survival and having a furrever home. :)

Jessica said...

soooo cute! such teeny things can pack quite a bite huh? i also kena before with Mankie's sibblings long time back. i hope you find good homes for them all.....too bad i've been banned from having more cats....would love the blackie.

NekoHime said...

gosh-marmalade color kitties, they are so cute...but can see they have a "wary" look from their eyes... hope they find good homes.

Unknown said...

You are so good! Thank you so much for taking in the kittens. They look so healthy and happy because of your good care of mama and them. Thank you!

Pia K said...

Such sweeties, good job in finding them all and loads of luck in finding good homes for each and everyone of them!

boo_licious said...

precious pea - u can't blame them as when they are scared they will do anything.

LL - hopefully they get homes soon. Will have to start their play and party programme soon.

Katie - I guess it is good she knew where to bring them home to. They definitely need to be caged up at all times as we have a hungry fox around.

Jessica - too bad as the black ones are adorable. One has a white strip like a tuxedo on its chest.

lannae - I hope not worms affecting their fat tummies though. May need a trip to the vet to verify.

pia k - thxs, I hope they find homes as looking after this lot permanently will definitely be difficult. The mummy is scheduled for her spaying once she finishes her milk.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Oh, I love kitties and those are gorgeous looking! So sweet!
It's good to know that there such caring people (like you) around...

Cheers,

Rosa

Pearls said...

I am a sucker for ginger cats!!! But I am a real lousy cat owner... sigh.. I have 2 cats and I dont seem to be able to take care of them well.... Sigh..so, I shall resist temptation... The ginger and black 1s are really gorgeous..

Let me check with my friends and see if any of them want a kitten..

BublaKong said...

cat meat is good for asthma

Cik Peesha said...

Boo,
Don't give them away. Please don't separate them!!

It is very heart-broken to see kittens being separated from the mummy ...

But, if you have to, please wait till they become a bit older..

Anyway, I enjoy your blog!! Keep up the good works!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...