Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fish Paste and Minced Pork Noodles @ Petaling Jaya Old Town



Sssssssssh, it's a secret!

I was contemplating whether to post this today or not since I wanted to keep this place under wraps. Most of the time whenever I visit a place, I have no qualms posting it up and spreading the word around about the yummy food. However with this place, I think I'll tread a bit carefully purely because it seems to be so hidden. I reckon they have their reasons. Most of their customers know this place by word of mouth and I believe I have read previous blog entries about it.

To get here, walk towards the back of the house and you will be amazed to see tables and chairs set out. The kitchen looks like an ordinary kitchen and they even opened the back of their house for people to dine within. Famous for their fish paste (yee wat), it tastes exactly like my aunt's springy home made version. We had ordered the minced meat and yee wat noodles (RM5 per bowl) which came full of ingredients. Even the minced meat was different from the usual stalls as it had a bouncy texture and smooth from the addition of pork fats in the mince. I also liked how they used the tiny gem lettuces in their noodle soup. We had the kuey teow which was smooth and silky. Aside from these noodles, you can also order sui kaw filled to the brim with their fish paste. Although we didn't try these sui kaw but I understand they're average tasting. The fish paste can even be bought and cooked at home.

Fish Paste Noodles
Somewhere in Petaling Jaya Old Town
Near the wet market
Petaling Jaya

(Non Halal. Open from 8 am to 2pm. Closed on Thursday and Sunday. Get here early as the wait can be horrendous during peak times as they cook each bowl individually.)

*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely based on my personal tastebuds and may vary for others. The reviewer also declares that she has not received any monetary or non-monetary compensation from the restaurant for writing this review.

19 comments:

mh said...

pretty sure they will become famous very soon, since everyone is so curious to check it out now :-)

d2e said...

huh??confused... :(

sure would like to try it... i need my dosage of porkyliciousness :( :( :(

*run off to meng kee first thing in the morning**

Precious Pea said...

Boo, bring me there!!!

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

aiyoh..u teaser!..u say secret yet u post but yet u dun tell us where it is!

Cat Cat said...

I want a bowl of Pork Noodles too. Missed the tasty porky soup...

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Time to put on my Sherlock Holmes outfit.

Sarah and Gan said...

looks scrumptious! hand made fish ball and minced pork in a pork broth.. simple but difficult to make it delicious without msg. don't worry about being discrete about the place.. the proprietors would usually frown on picture taking if they want to avoid the attention anyway.

Rarebeet said...

Is this some sort cult?! I like your cryptic address! haha, "somewhere in PJ Old Town". My goodness! I'll never find it. Tell you what, you blindfold me and take me there lahhh

Fulltime Mom said...

boo, email to you got bounced back. can you pls email me instead?

Xiu Long Bao said...

hahaha...farnie! So...i ask u the exact location in person, deal?

Tummythoz said...

At least show a pic of the shop/proprietor then we can go 'match d picture' hunt!

UnkaLeong said...

cryptic directions...Hmmm...

boo_licious said...

tekko - they're super famous already as it gets packed every day!

d2e - pass me some meng kee pls. Thxs!

precious pea - hee hee, must wait though esp during weekend.

joe - hee hee!

cat cat - this one clear type but quite a lot of pepper though. Not as rich.

lyrical lemongrass - elementary watson!

sarah and gan - I snapped my pix in secret at their hse so they have no idea I snuck one out.

paprika - we will see what sherlock holmes come up with and go for a trip one wkend?

fulltime mom - email me at boo_liciouskl@yahoo.com. Can't be bouncing unless you spammed me before?

tummythoz - how to play match match as their stall is right at the back of the hse.

unkaleong - hee hee...the mystery deepens.

Precious Pea said...

I DON'T MIND WAITING WORRR!!

d2e said...

yeah... now dat u mentioned it.. i havent posted meng kee yet ;p lolz.... will let you know when i grab a bite ;)

Unknown said...

i find the 'yee wat' at seapark to be the best so far. little hawker stall next to a mechanic's workshop. after u turn into the lane next to KFC head towards the end of the road. Only opens for dinner, cheap & good.
have not tried this 'secret-back-of-house' one though, will head to it soon!

Ms One Boobie said...

Arrrghhh..!! Boo..!! yer killing me..!!! bring me there too ya.. when i come home..??
pretty please..?? i bring you some maple syrup..??

boo_licious said...

precious pea - go early, maybe the wait will not be so long.

jesslyn82 - I saw loads of people eating that, didn't know they had yee wat. Thxs for the tip will go try that.

mamabok - hee hee, maple syrup in exchange for this. Pretty fair deal. You're on when you get home.

Unknown said...

absolutely in LOVE with that place... out of all the people i recommended it to.. i can proudly say the score is a perfect 10!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...