Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Teatime Snacks and Tong Sui @ Kedai Kopi Khoong, Seapark, Petaling Jaya


Bubur Cha Cha

I go through phases when it comes to eating certain types of food. Current craze at the moment is tong sui or sweet soups especially at this stall which I had
earlier blogged about. This place is actually on my daily route home hence I'll make a quick pit stop for some sustenance.


Plain Fried Beehoon with Curry Sauce

I vaguely remembered blogging about this place and the yam cake hence during my few visits here, I decided to try other things. For the tong sui, my staple is actually the barley with foo chook (beancurd sheets) which is served with bits of gingko nut. Served hot from the pot, it slides down your throat and warms the tummy. Other tong sui I have tried is the mak chook (with wheat and corn kernels) that is creamy and the bubur cha cha which is laden with diced sweet potato, yam and white tapioca flour cubes. They also serve red bean, peanut and green bean.


Teluk Anson (Teluk Intan) Chee Cheong Fun

I often eat the snacks to fill up my tummy especially if I had a light lunch or even as a very light dinner. My favourite is their chee cheong fun - the Teluk Intan or Teluk Anson version. Just a dash of sauce is added only as it's filled with chopped preserved radish. There seems to be more radish compared to last time where there was chopped mushrooms and shallots.


Loh Mai Fan (Glutinous Rice) with Peanuts

There's also sticky glutinous rice - plain which is served with crunchy peanuts. Most of the items are kept plain like the fried beehoon. You can opt to add chicken curry if you want a more substantial meal but I usually just add curry sauce on top of my noodles. Deep fried popiah, yau char kuai are also available.

The owners also have another outlet called Makan Makan at Kota Kemuning serving the same items that is run by their relative. Days off are kinda uncertain but they're closed for the Raya holidays. Kinda weird since they don't have any Malay staff but I guess they just want to also take off for a holiday.

Kedai Kopi Khoong
Jalan 21/12
Sea Park
Petaling Jaya

(Non Halal. The corner shop is at the other end of KFC and at the back of the Seapark Market. The place also serves Kampar fishball. Available from teatime onwards i.e. about 4pm.)

*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely based on my personal tastebuds and may vary for others. The reviewer also declares that she has not received any monetary or non-monetary compensation from the restaurant for writing this review.

Tagged with: + + +


Other reviews:

11 comments:

Precious Pea said...

The glutinous rice with peanuts is calling my name!

ling239 said...

i know this place !! :D
but if you happened to be there late most of the tong shui might not be available d ~

MeiyeN said...

oh good, next time can be my parents here since they love stuff like these.. ;)

daphne said...

the peanuts look sparkling to me man. I call this down to earth food.. so yummy!!!

Yau said...

Me and bf's favourite are the economy meehoon with curry sauce and fried poh piah. I think I'll try out the glutinous rice next time! From the photo you've posted, it sure looks delicious!

Big Boys Oven said...

Looks so nice and yet so simple and not expensive!

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

i dunno but i prefer my meehoon with that brown sweet sauce or tomato ketchup haha..i really miss that chee cheong fun la..not everywhere sells it 1

boo_licious said...

Precious Pea - hee hee, better go b4 weekend as they will be on holiday!

ling239 - yup, they sell out the food really fast. Good business.

meiyen - hope yr parents like it.

daphne - must be the bounce of the sunlight!?

yau - yum, I love the food here. Hope u'll enjoy the glutinous rice.

BBO - good way to indulge without feeling the pinch.

Joe - yup, this type is quite rare.

adrian said...

I think i saw this from an eating TV show by Chui Ling. RM50 for 5 meals a day.

Long long time didn't eat the 'Lou Mai Fan' already. Last time i usually packed it for my lunch in primary school.

Jessica said...

hey you share my current craze for thong sui......i know this place too, but rarely go cos it's always sold out (ok la, I am always late). the bubur cha cha sure looks good, though!

boo_licious said...

adrian - did this place get featured? I rarely catch that show as it's shown on Sun nite.

jessica - there's another one at Sec 17, a lot of varieties and very colourful too. Blogged abt it long long ago.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...