Thursday, October 25, 2007

Red Bean Tau Fu Fah @ Soya Shop, Ikano Power Centre, Petaling Jaya



There is something so wonderful and comforting about tau fu fah. Smooth and slippery, it slides down one's throat. This smooth as silk tau fu fah was introduced by
WMW and ever since then, I have been hooked. Unlike other places, here they don't use any sek ko fan (plaster of paris) to turn the soy milk into curd but instead it is a citric acid which is much healthier. Although I'm not a fan of red beans usually but this topping of soft red kidney beans when paired with the tau fu fah is addictive. I can't really remember how much I paid for this but it should be definitely higher than the usual RM1 bowls at the soy bean stall. If I am not mistaken it should be about RM2.50 or RM3. A bit pricey but worth every sen I reckon for the pure satisfaction I get from eating this.

Aside from this, they also serve dumplings or tong yuen with various fillings and soy milk which is supposedly also very good. Must give that a try one day. Do read the other reviews which has focused on those items.

Soya Shop
Lower Ground Floor
Ikano Power Centre
Mutiara Damansara
Petaling Jaya

(Halal. The corner shop is located opposite Mama Sayang. Various branches all over Klang Valley. To get a list of their branches and more details, click on their
website link.)

*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely based on my personal tastebuds and may vary for others. The reviewer also declares that she has not received any monetary or non-monetary compensation from the restaurant for writing this review.

Tagged with:
+ +

Other reviews:

13 comments:

myCoffee said...

This is my fave combination but sadly so far, could only be found at this outlet in Ikano.

boo_licious said...

mycoffee - really? Thxs for that info. I didn't even know as I've not tried the other outlets.

daphne said...

wah..this looks good. The red bean looks big man...

Jason said...

Awww.. have to go as far to Ikano for this :(

Shall try to go there this Sunday.

MeiyeN said...

red bean is such a hit thing now.... but with "tau foo far" have yet to try.. must drop by this place soon!

ling239 said...

hmm.... first time i heard of this combination, must go try!! tks ! ^_^

teckiee said...

i never like kidney beans until that day.. yum yum

ai wei said...

never know that m'sia actually has this combination. was once tried it in shenzhen, China a yr ago. it had lots of beans (green bean, red brean...) with my tau fu fa.

oh... i miss it a lot!

Unknown said...

sorry, not sure if this is the right place to be contacting you since I can't find any other links in your blog... just a quick question: if you had only 3 days + 2 nights in KL, what/where would you eat? no, this isn't a trick question, i'm just after some recommendations since we're planning a trip to KL at Christmas. only constraint is we can't eat spicy food. your help would be most appreciated. thanks! btw, absolutely love your blog! makes my mouth water just looking at the photos!

boo_licious said...

daphne - it is big and so nice and soft.

Jason - hope u like it. Tai Kar che's recommendation was a great choice.

meiyen - go try as it is yummy stuff.

ling239 - I was also surprised with the combo and it works well together.

teckiee - same here, these ones tasted so extra yummy.

ai wei - oooh, the 3 beans version sounds yummy too.

patsy - bit difficult to reply to you since no blog. Why don't u email me at boo_liciouskl@yahoo.com?

wmw said...

Woo Hoo! Glad you like it....I had a bowl yesterday! Hee hee hee..

Arena Green said...

God knows how many hundred times I've passed by this shop with nary a glance but your pictures are so tempting plus you give it such a good review ... must try it next week!

boo_licious said...

wmw - thxs for the recommendation!

anak merdeka - I was also like you until I ate there. Addictive stuff, I packed back some home on Sun nite and enjoyed it in front of the telly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...