Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Coffeeshop fare @ Sun Yin Loong, Sunway Damansara, Petaling Jaya


nope, this ain't Ipoh but it is the next closest thing - aromatic white coffee from the famed Sun Yin Loong in Sunway Damansara

Let's start this week with something simple, local and very affordable. Sigh! I must admit, I am missing Malaysian food a lot - all I get here is risotto, pasta, prosicutto ham, cheese and etc here. If it is nice I don't mind sacrificing rice and etc but some items are so dissapointing.The rainy weather is not helping though as everything is dreary - in fact, I spent the whole afternoon trying to snap pictures in the rain and it got so heavy that I was soaked to the bone.


value-for-monies at RM5.50, fried spaghetti set

Okay, back to local food, which is always the best in my opinion!! I read about this place from ling239's blog and decided to check it one day. Was glad I did as it serves affordable and pretty decent food here. I love the white coffee here, it is the closest thing to the mind-blowing version they serve in their Ipoh oulet probably because they use the same coffee powder.


crack....crunchy intestines to get a normal pork noodles going

The layout of this place is a little weird; 2 shophouses with one being the corner, where one is occupied with tables and chairs, the economy rice people and a few stalls on the corner while the majority of stalls are next door. I've only tried a few places - the Western stall, the supposedly famous Imbi market porridge stall and the curry mee stall. Generally, all were good - the fried spaghetti was al dente and aromatic since fried with herbs. They do a version with luncheon meat or bacon. The porridge place is also good - smooth porridge and noodles topped with very sinful crunchy intestines. I quite like the curry noodles too; topped with roast pork slices just like Ipoh. So, if you are around the area, drop by for great coffee. Flickr set has more also for all of you to see.

Sun Yin Loong
Opposite Pappa & Pak Li Kopitiam
Sunway Damansara
Kota Damansara
Petaling Jaya

18 comments:

ToyBoy & ToyGirl said...

Wow, I love crunchy intestines but never get to try a good one. It always ended up too soggy. Must go try this one since it comes with my favourite type of noodles, Loh See Fun.

Anonymous said...

interesting fried intestines with dry lo shu fun....must be super good!

J2Kfm said...

even the Sun Yin Loong in Ipoh also dun have that much choice, food-wise. :)

Unknown said...

i wasn't expecting to see spaghetti when i saw your first photo was white coffee! haha

ling239 said...

so u like this place too ya ~ ^_^

Rebecca Saw said...

ohh..BBO told me its good - the alio olio i mean!

foodbin said...

old school saucer and cup- a rarity nowadays.

sc said...

went pass it a few times but have yet to try...looks yummy..

WeBViDeOKLiP said...

wow white coffee
hehehe

Anonymous said...

why don't you put the 'Followers' gadget???

bigfish_chin said...

coffee... white coffee some more! my taste ~ my taste~
must go try the spaghetti set man!

worldwindows said...

I tried to imagine spaghetti on red melamine plate coffeeshop style.

thule a.k.a leo said...

hmmm... when u mentioned good coffee, that is already enough to drag my lazy butt here... hahaha!!!
but of course, I will still go for the food here...

Sugar Bean said...

The coffee cup reminds so so much of Malaysian food. Would really want to try the lou shu fun looks so good. Reasonable price for good food, gonna check it out when we're back in KL!

Agnes Cheong said...

Linked u to my blog :P

Rarebeet said...

woohoooo fried spaghetti with luncheon meat. Fantastically junky! That is a brilliant picture of white coffee. I feel thirsty looking at it!

zingzang said...

wanna to try Ipoh mari to USA pergi,di Subang Jaya kini.The coffee that is hand stirred and not machine shaken which gives pure pops of coffee? Originally at Sun Up, Canning Garden now updated version at Restoran Zinglicious, or logonto www.zinglicious.blogspot.com for details.

aaron.kjy said...

it looks so good

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...