Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Prawn Mee @ Taman Sri Sentosa, Off Old Klang Road, Kuala Lumpur



When one wanders around an unknown territory, it is always rewarding when you discover all that looking and driving around is worth it. Finding the
Pan Mee stall previously was rewarding but this extra good Prawn Mee just right down the road from it was a great bonus.



I got a whiff of this stall's existence after I read
Waisikkai. He mentioned a very good prawn mee, which sold out so quickly he never even got to taste it. That statement definitely got my tastebuds tingling hence I was all geared up for yummy prawn mee (RM3.50). Luckily this stall didn't dissapoint as the prawn mee was very good. My favourite part was the sweet broth made from prawn shells and pork bones. Very good down to the last spoonful!

Aside from prawn mee, the stall also serves pig's stomach soup with noodles and loh mee. With no signboard, this stall is recognised by the small signboard with two prawns. If you're feeling adventurous, do give this place a try. Definitely worth the drive and wrong turns taken.

Prawn Mee Stall
Next to Pusat Video Shanker
Jalan Sri Sentosa 9A
Taman Sri Sentosa
Off Old Klang Road
Kuala Lumpur

(Non Halal. Open from 8am to 12noon daily. Follow directions to Pan Mee stall in link above.)

*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely based on my personal tastebuds and may vary for others. The reviewer also declares that she has not received any monetary or non-monetary compensation from the restaurant for writing this review.

Tagged with:
+

10 comments:

mycookinghut said...

you made me hungry! Looks so delicious. Will make sure I try it next time I am in KL!

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

are you sure just a few wrong turns? darnit, i want to find this place also!

Christina Kim said...

Prawn mee looks red...spicy red:p
I should start sharing my pics on Penang Hokkien Mee too!!:D

yammylicious said...

prawn mee.. i mostly went to chaow yang tat lam har mee thr.. aww must try out tis stall nex time!

daphne said...

that looks like prawn soup essence more than prawn soup! looks rich and lovely!

ling239 said...

RM3.50 with so much ingredients...
wrong turns?! means no turning right is it ? @_@

Hazza said...

Where is this in relation to OUG off Old Klang Road? I have relatives there and may pay this place a visit next time I visit my relatives. The prawn mee looks yummy and I also fancy the pig's stomach soup.

Precious Pea said...

I was back recently for the Pan Mee. Wanted to try this stall but I got too greedy. I ordered a large Pan mee, ended up i couldn't take another bowl of noodle after that. So when you going back to try the pig stomach soup?

Jun said...

hehe just had my hokkien mee (i refuse to call it prawn mee!) in penang today ;> hav been gorging like thr's no tomorrow since arriving back in my hometown :)

boo_licious said...

lemongrass - yes, do make a trip here. Worth it as u get so much yummy food nearby, pan mee, prawn mee and etc.

Joe - it's quite simple actually, just a bit out of the way.

Christy - not too red, just the prawn oil.

Yammylicious - much better than Cheow Yang's one. Give this a try one day.

Daphne - LOL! Yes, very rich and yummy.

Ling239 - no no, I meant it is worth a few wrong turns since one is not familiar with this area.

Hazza - if u come from PJ Old Town to turn on to Old Klang Road, it is the second turning on the right. Follow instructions in Pan Mee post to get here.

precious pea - yeah, must order small portions or else cannot taste the food.

Jun - ooooh! Sounds very yummy. Lucky girl.

Jackson - get Precious Pea to take u?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...