Monday, January 28, 2008

Cupcakes @ Pretty Frosting, Amcorp Mall, Petaling Jaya


Butter Cupcake with Buttercream

I confess I have a weakness for pretty and cute stuff! Ever since, I read about
Pretty Frosting in the NST and ling239's blog, I have been itching to try their cupcakes.


Butter Cupcake with Buttercream

My first attempt was met with dissapointment as the stall was not opened one Sunday since they were busy for an event. Luckily I went back another time, as I struck gold. I was speechless when I saw their pretty cupcakes - everything looked so fantastic, I had a hard time limiting myself to just 6 cupcakes.


Carrot Walnut Cupcake


There's 4 varieties available - plain butter, orange, carrot walnut and chocolate. All of the cupcakes are RM3 except the carrot walnut, which is sold at RM3.50. They're not too big - about 3 1/2 inches diameter and about 1 1/2 inches tall.


Chocolate Cupcake with Chocolate Ganache

I brought these home for desserts and my mother loved the carrot walnut cupcake. Very fresh, and not too sweet. I liked the soft texture of the cake.


Orange Cupcake with Buttercream

The chocolate one was very good too - soft with a not overly moist crumb. That particular flavour was Splashie Boy's favourite.


Chocolate Cupcake with Chocolate Ganache

The orange cupcake had just a hint of orange flavour while the butter cupcake was pretty ordinary tasting. Texture of the cake was not as light compared to the carrot walnut cupcake.

I reckon I'm hooked on their yummy carrot walnut cupcake. Drop by during the weekend at Amcorp Mall and grab a few.

Pretty Frosting Stall
In front of Starbucks
Amcorp Mall
Petaling Jaya

(Available on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Check website and blog for further details. Link to website is above.)

*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely based on my personal tastebuds and may vary for others. The reviewer also declares that she has not received any monetary or non-monetary compensation from the restaurant for writing this review.

Tagged with:
+

23 comments:

Hazza said...

All very pretty looking! I hope they are as tasty as they look!

wmw said...

Yay! More cupcakes! Speaking of which, where are the matcha cupcakes ;o)?

Beans said...

so pretty!

Precious Pea said...

So so sweet and pretty! Am not a fan of cupcakes with frosting but I don't mind having these cupcakes though. I like the butterfly!

yammylicious said...

sweety cupcakes! muaxxx so lovely!!! =)

fatboybakes said...

yerr, cupcakes are such girl things arent they. bleah...

Tummythoz said...

Cupcake craze without the queue. Pretty but me no cupcake fan. Phew money saved.

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Trust FBB to ruin the mood. *dunks his head 6 feet deep in pink frosting*

They do look really pretty. Would love to try them some day!

~Christine~Leng said...

the cupcakes are really pretty! :)
I still can't get over it just yet! :)

daphne said...

ooo.. so pretty and girly! hehe. i guess cupcakes are really made for girls huh.

ling239 said...

So happy to hear that u like them too ~ ^_^

SoftBunny said...

I ate their cupcakes before. My personal favourite is the Chocolate Cupcake. It is moist and not too sweet and the chocolate icing compliments the cake.

www.prettyfrosting.com is their website and the designs are very pretty.

Unknown said...

oh they are all so beautiful and the frosting doesn't look so heavy as they make them here in the states...

Big Boys Oven said...

Oh! this cupcakes look so effortless gorgeous! Something anyone would die for. They are so beautiful!

obachan said...

SOOOOOOOOOO pretty! I wish I could do flowers like the blue ones in the top photo.

bodrox said...

woooow it's look so delicious nyammy...

boo_licious said...

hazza - they taste good too so thumbs up!

wmw - er er er, what matcha cupcakes??? Nah, just kidding. Yet to make any becoz so busy. Sigh! I have white choc already so must make during CNY hols.

bee nee - hee hee, very sweet and pretty I thot.

precious pea - try the carrot walnut one, very nice.

FBB - yeah, they seem to charm women more as the stall was full of women choosing what they wanted.

tummythoz - good idea, save money and calories.

LL - do give it a try one day.

christine - yeah, I love the first one as it is so sweet.

Jackson - didn't peg u as a cupcake lover but give it a try.

daphne - I guess becoz girls like pretty items so cupcakes are perfect. I like them becoz they're easier to transport vs a huge cake.

ling239 - hee hee, thxs for the reminder to go try them.

mor mor bunny - yeah, I like the choc one too. Very nice and moist.

foodhoe - yeah, the frosting is not too much and just nice for the cake.

BBO - go try them out, very well decorated I admit.

Obachan - yes, I wish I could get them so perfect! That one is the prettiest I reckon.

bodrox - go try?

JOjo said...

Click here - Cupcakes
Click there - Cupcakes
Scroll up - Cupcakes
Scroll down - Cupcakes

This is cupcake fever!!!
But i've not try them yet. *drool*
I also want to be "Tai-Tai" next time, enjoying a pc of cuppie with a sip of afternoon coffee!!! WHee~
Ok, it's early in the morning and apparently i'm not tat awake neither am i sober.Haha~

IronEaters said...

wow...they all look so pretty. the colors and the designs on top of them! esp the chocolate cupcake with a butterfly on it. will feel sad to eat it..haha

JM said...

Way too pretty to eat!!! but perfect to bring to potluck parties! :)

Talking abt sweet looking stuff, went to a shop called "sbread" at Midvalley Gardens (Lower Ground Floor)and their choice of bread spreads r unique. Must try the 3 types of kaya. My fav is the yam kaya with real chunks of yam in it....served warm on thick toast!!

Unknown said...

OMG u r right!!!...was at Gardens and popped by "sbread". Really good spreads! Stuffed myslf silly with 3 types of toasts and my fav was the thai chilli paste with chicken floss!
Also ordered the pandan kaya. Really different from the ones we get at kopitiams!!

Unknown said...

I went to try this SBREAD after reading both comments. You are both right, it was WONDERFUL!
My hubby and I ate 3 types of toppings. My personal favourite was the Yam sbread but my hubby liked the sambal chicken floss one. Definitely a must try for those who love a good KAYA (with a twist). Oh... the bread to try is charcoal bread. Its very unique. Ahhh... just thinking about it makes me wanna go have some NOW!

eliz said...

Does the buttercream icing taste buttery or sweet? I like icing that is buttery..For me cupcakes are really cute but the biggest turn off for me is the super sweet sugar icing!

This site has really2 lovely cupcakes.

http://i-love-cupcakes.com/

I wanted to order some, but sadly its non-halal. *sob..sob..* She lives in Penang but will be in K.L for the whole month of June.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...