Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bak Kut Teh @ Subang Teow Chew Claypot Bak Kut Teh, Bukit Subang, Shah Alam


getting ready, set, go....

Since it was a rainy day, I wanted something warm and comforting for my tummy to get me through the day. Hence, I turned to the nearest and best thing I can think of - claypot bak kut teh. Just a few minutes away from the office, through a small little road packed with cars and trailers heading towards Subang New Village, is bak kut teh heaven.


comfort in a pot (RM9.50 per person)


There's about 3 bak kut teh places around a small area - at the shophouses and this particular one housed in a wooden shack, right next to that busy road. Crossing the busy road (even with a car) can be quite a nightmare but put your signal and hope the traffic light up front quickly changes to red.

While this is the most popular outlet, there is very little choice here - only various cuts of meat in your bak kut teh (no spare parts, mushrooms and etc), served in a piping hot claypot. Even though the soup is not as fantastic compared to my favourite Teluk Pulai shop in Taman Rasau, it is still very warm and comforting. If you prefer, they do also serve vegetables, assam fish and vinegared pork trotters. Place gets packed for lunch and everyone will haphazardly double park around the wooden shack.

Subang Teow Chew Claypot Bak Kut Teh
Lot 653 & 655
Jalan Subang
Bukit Cherakah Subang
Shah Alam

Tel: 019 - 261 5303

(Non Halal. Closed on Mondays. Open from 7am to 2.30pm. The wooden shack is directly opposite Esso station, on the road towards Bukit Subang. To get here, drive towards the Guthrie Corridor Highway. Instead of getting on the highway and through the tollgates take the left turn and keep left towards Bukit Jelutong and Bukit Subang. Take the first right turn at the traffic light, keep left and turn. Go straight. At next traffic light, go straight towards Monterez Golf Club. You will see an Esso station on your left, this place is on the right across the road, turn and park at the side.)

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely based on my personal tastebuds and may vary for others. The reviewer also declares that she has not received any monetary or non-monetary compensation from the restaurant for writing this review.

Tagged with:
+

Other reviews:

13 comments:

J2Kfm said...

the close up of the FATTY portion looks scary .... *o*

but hey, it's comfort food rite? haha ...

ling239 said...

i saw tat piece of fatty meat, u eat that too ? must be very good :)

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Hmmm. I don't think I've tried this before. Must intro to my parents since they love to travel in that direction for their BKT when dad's in search of obscure car parts (they still like Teck Kee in Subang Permai, though).

Raynebow said...

Was thinking of BKT yesterday as it was cold & rainy! Alas, there aint any around my office...sigh! The best BKT, for me, is still Ah Lek's in Teluk Pulai...

daphne said...

haha. I like the way u said "ready set go".

i'm always ready for BKT!

Soup said...

How I love Malaysia bak-ku teh - full of herbal aroma and flavor.

That's Ron said...

bakkut teh rocks the smoks....

worldwindows said...

I luv that 'comfort in the pot' line. Every trip overseas there will be the comfort from the claypot and banana leaf.

Astrid (…and the kitties too) said...

Dear friend,
we are missing you at WCB - would you do us the honor and join us this weekend with a WCB post to remember our dear friend Sher?

purrrs and love
Astrid and the Catboys at http://foodblog.paulchens.org

jonathan said...

yea this place does serves great BKT. my friends and I visit the place often when we have long breaks. thumbs up!

Simon Seow said...

You just reminded me that it's been months I didn't have bah kut teh.

boo_licious said...

j2kfm - sigh, ordered the wrong thing that day! I was shocked at the fat too.

ling239 - I took away all that fat. A bit scary lah.

LL - loads of BKT places down the road, so much choices.

raynebow - must go try Ah Lek, as we usually favour Teluk Pulai.

daphne - LOL, no one says no?

tgk - yes, one of the best ever inventions.

jackson - yes, definitely gives the piping hot feel here.


that's ron - always good to cheer you up.


worldwindows - yum...think it is the hot food syndrome.


astrid - thxs for the info. I didn't know until now but I've done a short msg abt Sher, so sad!


high five jonathan!

we missed u simon on friday. what happened?

Simon Seow said...

My car have to be tow to the workshop :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...