Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Revisiting Bak Kut Teh @ Teluk Pulai Bak Kut Teh, Klang



This place is the de facto restaurant my family will visit when they're hit by bak kut teh cravings. I must admit, I rarely eat bak kut teh but since my aunt and uncle are back for their annual trip from Australia, we went here yesterday. A favourite of my family, I've blogged about
this place before.



Packed with people since it was lunchtime by the time we arrived, we had to wait a while to get our two big claypots of bak kut teh. I had to steal a quick picture of our meal as I could see all my aunts and uncle giving me stares for delaying them from sampling the bak kut teh. Luckily it was a successful one off five seconds shot of the claypot or else you'll be deprived of this picture.

We had ordered a variety of pork ribs, belly pork, chee wan (my uncle's favourite part), intestines, chicken leg, chinese mushrooms, canned mushrooms, enoki mushrooms and bean curd skin which was divided into two huge claypots. No complaints from my aunts and uncle - I guess this definitely beats their local bak kut teh Down Under.

*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely based on my personal tastebuds and may vary for others. The reviewer also declares that she has not received any monetary or non-monetary compensation from the restaurant for writing this review.

Tagged with:
+

9 comments:

Unknown said...

girl, i got a gr8 place to eat at bukit jalil, sri petaling. email me for address and pics :) it's a fusion culinary restaurant but with the price tag the same as pizza uno ^^ i'm sure u'll love it..

Unknown said...

forgot to leave my email address ;p naiades@gmail.com

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

is dis the corner shop?? haha thats my place for bkt too!..luv the klang style of bkt..thicker and more herbal..yum.

Precious Pea said...

Yahyah, is this the corner shop? I been once to the corner shop and it was not too bad, only complain is the veggie in soup. I like the 'spare-parts'...so yummy!!

Unknown said...

a tip from my klang fren: order the calves part for bkt..it is perfectly balance with lean meat, fats and vein (is it called so?)..read from mark's blog that theres a teluk pulai branch in puchong..more accessible for me..

boo_licious said...

ronald - sounds interesting! Thxs for the tip.

joe - yup, corner one always packed with people.

precious pea - must eat some vegs or else no balance in our meals. Also good excuse to eat more if slightly healthy.

kampungboycitygal - not sure abt the calves part but we order the chee wan which is tender and quite fat as that's the best part.

jackson - yeah, personal preference. Never mind you take me to the one you like and I will compare?

boo_licious said...

jackson - when ah?

AskSean said...

ya ya...Teluk Pulai Bak Kut Teh is the best. I live in Klang, I know wan...

Hey folks, feel free to learn about Bak Kut Teh @ http://asksean0.blogspot.com/2008/04/all-you-want-to-know-about-bak-kut-teh.html

AskSean said...

Hey guys, Bak Kut Teh is good for Gastric. Check out http://asksean0.blogspot.com/2008/04/what-to-eat-when-youre-having-gastric.html !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...