Thursday, July 17, 2008

Chicken Wings @ Ikea Cafe, Mutiara Damansara, Petaling Jaya




Something very short today as I just heard the police has set up roadblocks again, hence I better start my day much earlier. No time to reply comments yet, very sorry! Hope we all don't have a frustrating day today.

Not sure, if all of you know of the addition of chicken wings to Ikea's menu. It is something I saw a few years back in Singapore's Ikea but it took a long time to emerge here (about 5 plus years). Not sure why the delay as the deep fried chicken wings are super yummy stuff. They can't beat Wong Ah Wah's smoky bbq chicken wings, which remains my ultimate chicken wings but these are great for a snack after shopping in Ikea. Pricewise, you get 5 pieces for RM9.80 and I think 2 pieces for RM3 (around that price as I seem to be having a memory like a sieve today). Must be the in thing to eat at Ikea as I saw a plate of chicken wings on everyone's table when I dined there a week ago.

10 comments:

worldwindows said...

Great stuff these chicken wings. Value for money as it is jumbo size esp. compare to the franchised fast food joints. The KFC ones has shrunk remarkably through the years.

Ms One Boobie said...

I myself love wings.. but they have to be fried.. like those in your picture.. :)

daphne said...

that's new! Fried chicken wings at Ikea!

Rarebeet said...

I've never met a chicken wing I could resist. Yum!

SoRMuiJAi said...

OMG! Those chicken wings look sooooo delush! I bet they were super juicy.

Julian Si said...

Looks yummy. I found a "new" place for Chicken Wings, so juicy and yummy ...

Cheers Lounge & Grill
8-4, Jalan Batai, Damansara Heights, KL
Tel: +603 2095 3391

Will find time to blog it l8r today :-)

boo_licious said...

worldwindows - hmmm, I don't remember eating chicken wings in fast food places though as I usually chow down in Wong Ah Wah. Ikea, is still the best place for value for money meals, the brekkie is a great deal.

mamabok - yeah, loads of oil used. I kinda like to bake them myself though, less oil to throw away!

daphne - yup, finally something new there!

paprika - hee hee, now I know what to tempt you with??

sormuijai - what a cute name! They were yummy, lacked the smoky taste but quite good for cafe style stds!

julian - ooooh, I remember eating at Cheers super long ago, they used to have these yummy set lunches. Must go and see those yum wings and make a trip there.

J2Kfm said...

IKEA remains as one of my personal fav food court. cheap, and tasty food with reasonably ample seating area.

choi yen said...

I like chicken wings with all type of cooking method..as long as it is chicken wing ~.~

J.C. said...

I love chicken wings too. Wonder where I can find this Wong Ah Wah chicken wings?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...