Friday, January 19, 2007

Mee Rebus @ Stalls behind Yut Kee, Jalan Kamunting, Kuala Lumpur



Recently, I have been exploring the stalls right behind Yut Kee Restaurant and next to Bodhi Tree Restaurant after reading about them on Babe in the City - KL's blog. Although my main aim was to try her recommended favourites which I will blog about next week, during one of my visits there, I noticed quite a few people ordering the Mee Rebus. The place is quite famous as it's been featured in New Straits Times and the monthly KL Lifestyle magazine.



One day, I saw one of the customers eating this which looked interesting - Mee Rebus campur Rojak Sotong (RM3.50) hence I decided to give it a try. Although the bowl comes with lots more items versus Rosli Mee Rebus with one hard boiled egg, brown sotong, slices of tofu, potato chunks and chopped green chillies, the gravy was not so flavourful. I suspect their beef stock is not so robust and the colour of the gravy looks like there's more sweet potatoes here. However it makes really nice comfort food that you can slurp down.



Something interesting I also noticed when I dined here - the pigeons will precariously perch on the wall of Yut Kee at the side as there's these small little iron rods sticking out. I guess they're just looking for a place to chill before it's feeding time.


Mee Rebus Stall
Behind Yut Kee Restaurant
Entrance is from Jalan Kamunting or from Jalan Raja Abdullah

(Available for breakfast and lunch. Halal)

*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely based on my personal tastebuds and may vary for others. The reviewer also declares that she has not received any monetary or non-monetary compensation from the restaurant for writing this review.

Tagged with: +

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

yup, the mee rebus is pretty famous and i have been eating them many many moons ago
try out the char kueh tiaw too if it's open :)

Anonymous said...

Just managed to locate & try Rosli Mee Rebus. Flavourful but really lacked in ingredients/toppings. Kept thinking it can be enhanced with fried fritters, 'taukua' and maybe bits of meats. This has squid? A must try for me then.

Babe_KL said...

this mee rebus is mamak style dats why it has fritters, taukua and boiled potatoes. anyway its no longer nice cos the original owner sold off the business to current owner and had gone back India. i know cos i've been eating here since i was a kid :p

Babe_KL said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Babe_KL said...

oops sorry dunno why posted twice, these days bloggers a bit problematic cos they indirectly forcing us to change to new blogger which i refused :p haha

Anonymous said...

Oh, is it what I think? On the first picture, at the bottom, these green orange with a wonderful flavour and taste....I miss it here...nothing comnparable...snif ;-) nice post

Cheers
Claude

Anonymous said...

Honetly, i never try mee rebus before in my life....gosh.... i miss out something good in my life!!

Anonymous said...

hi, i love ur blog! now i know where to look for food reviews.

boo_licious said...

patrick - CKT will be on next wk.

tummythoz - I think he compromised on the toppings vs his gravy so if you want a really shiok mee rebus, have to ta pau his and add ingredients from another stall?

babe kl - yup, mamak style differenet from Rosli's style. It says they're two brothers running the stall but whatever it is, very popular as that stall is the only one with lots of business.

claude - think the only way is to make another trip to KL and let us take u around?

jackson - better write a list of things you have not tried and start tasting them or else you'll be missing out in life.

intan - thxs! hope you manage to eat better with a food guide.

Anonymous said...

The Mee Rebus looks so heavenly! Unfortunately its all the way in KL, lazy to go. I'm going to put a copy of the picture on my blog too, if you don't mind. Don't worry, I have citations :P.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...