Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Marmalade Cafe @ Bangsar Village II, Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur



Since I had to wait for someone in Bangsar yesterday, I decided to check out the new shopping centre there i.e Bangsar Village II which just opened their doors last week. Although most of the shops have yet to open, the ones which have started business look really good and perfect for any retail therapy I need.

Rather than rant and rave about shopping which I'm sure all of you will roll your eyes upwards, I decided to check out the food scene there. Most of the places are repeats of whatever you get in the original Bangsar Village i.e. Bakerzin, delicious by Ms. Read (yet to open) and Starbucks. Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf has closed their outlet near Hong Leong Bank Berhad and moved in here instead.

There was one surprise addition - Marmalade Cafe upstairs. They just opened for business on Monday and it was pretty packed with people. I liked the decor of the sunny cafe: with bright colours and glass windows that look down to Devi's Corner. It's also nice and spacey which I prefer versus to the Mont Kiara outlet that was slightly too claustrophobic for me. For those who prefer the Mont Kiara place, don't worry as this is a branch. Menuwise, the old favourites are all there including the Carrot Cake I had but with additional items on their breakfast menu. They also have a cute boutique they own next door called Kitsch.

Marmalade Cafe
Lot 1F-18
First Floor
Bangsar Village II
2, Jalan Telawi 2
Bangsar Baru
Kuala Lumpur

Tagged with: +

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hats off to you for braving the traffic! (I presume there was traffic leading to Village II?) I love carrot cake...must try it soon....if I dare go to Bangsar in the next 3 months. :-)

boo_licious said...

lyrical lemongrass - not much traffic though if you know yr way around Bangsar.

Babe_KL said...

this is great news, no need to go further to mont kiara for us

boo_licious said...

babe - LOL! Yeah, now you can switch from Delicious to this place easily.

fatboybakes said...

i didnt like BVII at all....nothing there for untrendy guys...there is one shop, called kitchen shop, which i hope sells kitchen accessories, and not kitchens...not open yet. prob cost a arm and leg, for a wok or a pot.

boo_licious said...

fbb - didn't see that, must have been at the top bit as I was rushing through the shops - hope it's a gadget place as that will be my permanent hangout place. Hee hee, lots of things for us trendy gals. Very tempting esp since I need to buy CNY clothes.

sc said...

i like the havana salad in marmalade too :).. real yummy with grilled halumi cheese. pure satisfaction!

boo_licious said...

sc - now you have 2 outlets yo satisfy yr desires depending on where you are in town.

chocolalat! said...

yes.

now i can get my fav carrot cake closer in town!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...