Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Martell presents Klue RSVP @ Isthmus, Northpoint, Mid Valley City, KL



I thought this particular event will be obvious interest to all you foodies. It's a good chance to check out Isthmus which I have earlier reviewed thrown in with free flow of Martell, if you love your alcohol.

Personally I must admit, I'm impressed with the food in Isthmus which I have sampled twice, once with the floggers and at their grand opening. This Blue Rice Lemongrass Chicken Sushi was one of the items we sampled that night and it was delicious. All the finger food served was really yummy. What I liked was their playful way of combining flavours - for instance the interesting ikan bilis almond petit fours. You thought it was just something sweet until you bit into it and got the salty taste of ikan bilis. It was kinda weird in the beginning but after a while, we grew to like it. For the non adventurous, there's always the Oyster Shooters which look like they're now a permanent feature of the menu (see the Star Weekend review).

Now, sometimes my own view is just not enough so I was happy when a friend of mine attended a corporate event hosted at the restaurant and came back raving about the food. It's these affirmations that kinda make my day since I know I'm not off the mark when I say the food is delicious. However, there will be some which will say: it's not nice or not fantastic since everyone's tastebuds differ based on personal backgrounds and etc. ( My reference was a review on Fried Chillies forum saying, the person was not impressed)

There's more things on the menu now since I ate there so it'll be interesting to re-visit the food another day for dinner. However for the above mentioned dinner, note that it's a set meal so choices are limited. Do also check out Star Weekend's recent review of the place last Saturday.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, we should rally more floggers to go for this event, if not sold out by now. the fact that you'll be there already should be making us trip over ourselves to get ourselves there, to meet the legend.

boo_licious said...

fatboybakes - that's the reason why I thought I'll put it up so the floggers can go. So will we see you there? Then you can tell me what goodies you baked from the Donna Hay magazines you bought?

Anonymous said...

boo, thanks for informing! i've just make my reservation :D so, you will be there?

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOOOOH, we get to meet the famous mei yen. hey, where's jackson? drag him along ah.

Anonymous said...

fbb, O_o me definitely no famous!!! so.. that means i am going to see da famous baker there yah...:D by da way, i dropped you a mail ytday but you've yet to reply me......i wonder i sent to da correct e-mail add..

boo_licious said...

meiyen - yeah, we will be there with a whole group of friends.

fatboybakes - u coming? do bring jackson. He needs time off from his bkshop.

Anonymous said...

oohhh.....let me think of it.

boo_licious said...

jackson - tarik harga?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...