Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Japanese Buffet Promotion @ Xenri D'Garden Terrace, Menara Hap Seng, Kuala Lumpur

Japanese buffets at heavily discounted prices seem to be in vogue nowadays. Just heard that Xenri D'Garden Terrace over at Menara Hap Seng is set to roll out their Japanese buffet extravaganza (with claims of more than 100 dishes) on 21 February until 29 March, 2009. To kick off that momentous occasion, a 50% discount is available for 1 month only, hence prices are slashed as follows:

Buffet lunch for Sunday - RM27.50++ (50% discount from RM55++)
Buffet dinner for Sat/Sun - RM34++ (50% discount from RM68++)

Believe me, word has got around about the promotion that phone lines are jammed up and it only seems to go towards their voice mail. It will be interesting to see, if the buffet lives up to its name like its infamous Old Klang Road outlet's buffet (which I have heard loads of praises), as this place didn't impress the last time I dined here. Wonder if this is just a promotion gimmick like Tenji or can we see other places slashing prices down? For more on the Japanese restaurant, read my previous review here. If you do want to give them a call to book, you can dial Tel: 03-2078 6688 but I do suggest a personal visit instead as it is nearly impossible to get through.

19 comments:

Rebecca Saw said...

hhmmm..shall ask my friend to pop by tmw for me, since he's working there..promo like this aint to miss!

Feedmelah.com! said...

I wonder if it's even possible to sample 100 dishes in a small group. Let's say two people go eat... that's 50 dishes each!

imho, sometimes a sit down dinner is better, you order exactly what you want to eat...

But then again, I do like to pig out sometimes too. haha.

-William

J2Kfm said...

after the less than stellar Tenji experience, I'll be slightly more wary though.

jasmine said...

agree with j2kfm... tenji wasn't that noteworthy save for the huge oysters. tried xenri's buffet in old klang rd before and it was nothing to should about either so i'm most probably giving this a miss too.

boo_licious said...

thenomadGourmand - better manage yr expectations though as buffets rarely impress i.e. loads of people, waiting time & etc.

feedmelah - when they describe 100 dishes it could be little appetizers for all you know. Don't think this is on the scale of Tenji, which falls in the mega-buffet category.

j2kfm - LOL, so many -ve stuff abt Tenji. I tried to go there once but I honestly have no karma with that place; my friend got sick that day hence we had to cancel out.

jasmine - awww, shucks, I better manage my expectations then. I booked a spot for Sunday, becoz my mum loves the one in the Old Klang Road and she wanted to give this one a try. Thxs for the warning!

backStreetGluttons said...

They are doing the right thing since many ppl are put off by the "high" prices of Japanese food ( not knowing that half of the costs go to arty presentations and the use of designer cutleries )
LOL !

Vivien said...

wow, seems like good deal. only RM35 for Jap buffet

thule a.k.a leo said...

I agree... that kind of price for Japanese buffet... quite unbelieveable... should I go or not?? hmmm... cracking head!!

Ciki said...

wow...! BUT I won't even try/bother..

UnkaLeong said...

Told my colleague to drop by here to read your post. She wanted to go this weekend. Looks like your blog has a new fan ;)

M!lkY b0Y said...

is Xenri halal?

Rebecca Saw said...

checked. COMPLETELY fully booked wor..hhmmm..

boo_licious said...

BSG - LOL. I rather go for those no frills places where the Japs hangout though.

Vivien - seems it is full already! Response is so good.

Leo - a bit late it seems, full and full to the brim.

Ciki - LOL, there's always Haikara Style Cafe.

unkaleong - I heard that it is all booked up. That was damn quick!

milky boy - pork free, Jap food is not halal as it has traces of alcohol in their mirin or sake used in marinating food or sauces.

thenomadGourmand - wow that is super fast. Just heard wind abt this beginning of the week, guess everyone booked straight away.

Unknown said...

nice meh?

paul12 said...

Will Xenri accept/entertain walk in customers or not? If I go there at opening time, will I be able to get a table?

boo_licious said...

jason - no idea, guess we will know if it is worth it once the buffet starts.

paul12 - no idea, that is Xenri's perogative. Suggest you check with them how they deal with cancellations.

Glanous Box said...

Sad...I think the advertisement just an attraction...Called up on 1st day of promo till now..no one pick up n diverted to voicemail...

boo_licious said...

Jessica - did they advertise? I thot it was an email circular they did. I did that too and only got a booking when we went to their restaurant.

Unknown said...

I just call to the no (03-2078 6688) & that's already fully book!!!!! now just 7 Feb 2009, the promotion is till 29feb.... or maybe it just attract people to go (true or not) .... is somebody have went to try this???? it really have a Promotion???? Got 50%???? who know~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...