Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Ngau Lam (Beef Brisket) Noodles @ Ho Weng Kee, SS2, Petaling Jaya



Call me old fashioned but I tend to prefer coffeeshops versus the newer Hong Kong style cafes which are found all over town. This is one of my old haunts - this noodle place in SS2. Originally from Kuala Lumpur, Ho Weng Kee moved to Petaling Jaya for quite a few years and has been holding it's own at their outlet. They're famous for their noodles and my preferred choice is always the ngau lam (beef brisket) version. The noodles are always top notch here with a not too hard but still chewy nature. The day I tried my ngau lam noodles, the beef brisket was a tad bit fat though but very tender. If you don't like beef, try their braised chicken feet and mushroom which is pretty good too. Their curry noodles is also absolutely delicious.



Another thing I must have when I dine at Ho Weng Kee is a bowl of their sui kau. Although not as crunchy as other places, it tastes pretty good especially with my plate of ngau lam noodles. Do take note that prices here tend to be more expensive that the other stalls.

Ho Weng Kee
32, Jalan SS2/66
Petaling Jaya
Selangor

(Non Halal. Closed on Tuesday. Available for breakfast and lunch)

*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely based on my personal tastebuds and may vary for others. The reviewer also declares that she has not received any monetary or non-monetary compensation from the restaurant for writing this review.

Tagged with:
+

Other review:

7 comments:

Admin said...

I was having trouble of looking for lunch 2day @ SS2. Wish I have read this site earlier.

any landmark nearby? like next door is what shop, or anything else for this HWK Rest.?

sc said...

ooohhh, the yummy noodles place!eating the noodles alone is good enuff for me :). hehe..i've always ordered the wantan mee, but guess the popular item is the beef brisket, which i see lots of people ordering. must make sure i try that next time...

Praveen R. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wmw said...

Have only eaten here once.....somehow still end up at Section 17.

Precious Pea said...

I tried their famous char siu wantan mee once and didn't like it. Probably my luck. Will sure go back soon since you said the beef brisket is nice.

boo_licious said...

blastmeister - same row as the Digi centre. Not sure what is next to them. I think dim sum place.

sc - I usually like beef brisket here. Std order for me.

wmw - I quite like this one once in a while as a change.

precious pea - could be you don't like this type. The noodles are old school as I have been eating them for a long time.

FatMan Seoul said...

Another of my fav. I usually order the baseline char siew wonton noodles, and then add a side order of brisket/white chicken/chicken feet. Reason - I like my noodles a little dry-er, and adding the brisket onto it would mean spoonfuls of the ngau-lam gravy on top of the noodles. That sorta spoils it for me! :P To each his own. Hahaha .... Oh and don't forget to mention that kon-loh-mee wouldn't be kon-loh-mee without the pickled green chilies.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...