Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Pork Noodles @ Restoran New Seaview, Petaling Jaya



More soupy noodles - this time round the ever popular pork noodles. Unlike yesterday's stewed beef mince which takes time to prepare ahead, these noodles are cooked a la minute. At this popular stall in Petaling Jaya, as and when you place the order, they cook the noodles. The man who runs this stall uses a huge metal saucepan with a lid to cook the sliced pork, minced pork, pork intestines and liver with pre-prepared stock for a few minutes over a large fire. Vegetables are also added while the noodles of your choice is cooked seperately. Usually depending on their orders, he will cook at least 5 bowls of the soup in his huge pot at one go. For my version, I also asked for an egg which is poached in the hot stock. Break the egg to add extra flavour to the broth.

This remains one of my favourite places to eat this type of noodles. It's not as sweet as Kean Fatt's noodles which I feel could be artifically enhanced. Moreover I hate waiting for my noodles at Kean Fatt and this place, although it has a steady flow of customers, it's not as super busy as Kean Fatt.

Restoran New Seaview
Jalan SS20/7
Paramount Gardens
Petaling Jaya


(Non Halal. Open from morning till lunch time. Days off are not fixed.)

*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely based on my personal tastebuds and may vary for others. The reviewer also declares that she has not received any monetary or non-monetary compensation from the restaurant/stall for writing this review.


Tagged with: +

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I was just thinking about popping over for their pork noodles :-) Am a big fan of theirs. Have you tried their Bak Chang ? Pretty good too.

MeiyeN said...

i don't really eat porky stuff but when comes to pork noodles, they are always my favourite!! thank god that i just had mine yesterday or else my crave for it would have prolong! :p

sc said...

pork noodles, one of my fav! is this restaurant the same row with caltex(further down the road)? i've tried kean fatt once but waited for 40 mins. quite nice, too much pepper though (and maybe loads of msg). hav u tried the one in brickfields? i prefer that to kean fatt's :)

Precious Pea said...

Kean Fatt bigtime attitude problem. I banned them after my first visit. The New Seaview pork noodle is nice, next time I will ask for an egg.

boo_licious said...

lianne - yup! really good that it sounds like a great brekkie esp for this rainy weather. Not tried their bak chang but we buy from the lady who lives behind the shop.

meiyen - it tastes yummy and sweet rite?

sc - yes, further down is the caltex. This used to be the coffeeshop in PJ long before others came up.

precious pea - Yeah, Kean Fatt is a problem esp if you want food ASAP!

TwoHands said...

this stall and the uncle has been there for a long, long time. i remember the stall being there from my childhood days.

fatboybakes said...

i used to go to seaview as a kid, they used to have a chee cheong fun stall at the corner, where it is now hong kong chee cheong fun. (or possibly it was only one shop lot then). I love this pork noodle too, but yar, it takes forever. of all the stall food, i reckon pork noodles has got to be the best value for money, coz you have to painstaking boil the broth for each bowl, ....as opposed to say, chee cheong fun, which is chop chop, pour sauce kinda thing.

Unknown said...

In the USA, it is not common for a poached egg in soup. I love poached eggs in soup when I make noodle soup at home, so I bet I would like this bowl of soup.

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Oooh. Sinful goodness.

tankiasu said...

Do you think this is nicer than the one in OUG (opposite Steven's Corner)?

Unknown said...

FBB - Those were the days lah, I use to frequent there too, it was "THE" coffeeshop. Do you remember their Chicken Rice ? Their Or Chien, and Tai Chou behind ? Damn good, but now, overtaken by O&S food ;-p

Boo - yes, the lady that sells Fried Meehoon in the morning at the roadside stall, lives behind Seaview ? Yeah ... she has great food selection too.

Tummythoz said...

My must order there. Thot of blogging it but after your picture, mine looks *blek*.

boo_licious said...

twohands - wow! That is a long time.

fbb - the soup is sweet just by boiling the liver and pork. Such homey stuff but yummy all time round.

lannae - I love an egg in my soup as I think it tastes better.

lemongrass - very much so!

lianne - wow, you must be resident expert on this place. Blogged abt the old lady before as I snapped pixs of her making bak chang.

tummythoz - cool! Do post it up, always great to see more write ups abt this place.

teckiee said...

*jumps up and down* I see pork liver!!!! mahahahahahha love the intestines too!

boo_licious said...

teckiee - thxs for the kitty cat pix. U can try this place, since in PJ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...