Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Meiji Chocolife Green Tea Chocolate



I'm feeling slightly lazy today so no food review but rather than dissapoint all of you, here's my tip of the day. Don't worry, it's just a temporary glitch in the week and I'll be back with food reviews the next day.

If you love chocolates and Japanese flavours like green tea, you will want to head down towards Hartamas Shopping Centre to try this. Meiji, the major Japanese chocolate brand has a new line of chocolate known as Chocolife. There's a total of eight flavours: chocolate (60% mass), black sugar, milk, orange, strawberry, green tea and etc. I've only managed to find the Japanese website to it as per
this link which shows the Japanese television commercial for the chocolates.

Till to date, this is the only place I know which is selling it (I know Isetan does not stock this range) and each bar costs RM3.50. Kinda pricey as there's only four squares but we were curious on how it will taste like. Besides the Chocolife range, they also have the Meiji dark chocolates with 99% cocoa mass. So far, we have tasted the green tea and orange flavours. Didn't really like the orange one as I kinda expected it to be dark chocolate paired with orange but it was white chocolate instead. The green tea is much better.

Drop by to try it and if you're a Japanese food lover like me, you'll be fascinated with their other food items too. Incidentally if you love white plates, crockery and glass cake stands, the Esque and Alfresco people are back. They'll be selling their wares there until the 18th of March so you can pick up great deals to stock up your house. This was the place I found really good deals for my cake stands.

Shojikiya
Lot P-17A, Ground Floor
Hartamas Shopping Centre
Kuala Lumpur

Tel No: 03 - 6201 3730

(The shop is near Rakuzen and just after Times Bookshop)

Updated on 10/3/07 - Meiji is having a fair at Isetan KLCC this coming weekend. Green Tea chocolates will be going for RM2.90 during the promotion period.



Tagged with: +

11 comments:

Lady Amalthea said...

I wonder if these chocolates are available anywhere in the States? They look fabulous.

boo_licious said...

lady amalthea - try the Japanese specialty shops as I'm sure they must have it. We have quite a large Japanese expatriate market hence we get a lot of Japanese products. It tastes really good too!

MeiyeN said...

this is my favourite place to grab all da jap snacks and da jap noodles too!!!!! :D

Tummythoz said...

I could never click Japan & chocolate together before. Odd combi for me. Mayb it's time I venture into this.

Babe_KL said...

i've browsed this store with fascination but didnt buy anything since i dun snack haha but my boiboi bugged me to get him the ice-creams

boo_licious said...

meiyen - they have the wafer ice cream now. Wanted to try that day but decided not to.

tummythoz - the japanese make really good snacks. Think Pocky, wasabi snacks, bourbon crackers and etc. Yum!

babe_kl - dangerous place for people who love to snack. I love their food items too. Now they even print out recipes for you in English so easier to make them.

*sooyin* said...

i absolutely adore dark chocolate paired with oranges! now you've made me think of leonidas's chocolate covered orange peel...mmm...
-sooyin-

boo_licious said...

sooyin - awww, I love Leonidas but it's usually the white hazelnut pralines which is my fav. Definitely cheaper to fly in one box with friends rather than the cut throat prices in KL.

Melting Wok said...

I need to get this when I go back, goshh..the US chocolates are mostly sugar and milk, hardly I get even close to 70% cocoa :(

boo_licious said...

melting wok - get Lindt as they have 70% to 85% range which they definitely sell in the USA.

Dr.Gray said...

There are several high end chocolates that have green tea flavors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...