Thursday, August 31, 2006

Happy Merdeka Malaysia!



Today is a special day for all Malaysians as it marks our independence. To read more about how we achieved independence 49 years ago, click onto the
Star's extremely informative site. Lots of parties last night all over the nation and we even had a virtual one over at Babe in the City - Kl's blog where she invited everyone to share their long forgotten recipes. Hop over there for yummy Malaysian food.

Splashie Boy snapped this great fireworks picture last night at a party we were at. I guess my fireworks mode on the camera works well as it was all taken without a tripod. This was the prettiest of all of the fireworks launched as I love the little stars splattered on the dark night canvas.



Sadly as I was busy, I didn't participate in the virtual open house but I do bring you Dunkin'Donuts all decked up like a flag. It's their tribute to the Malaysian flag with the colours of blue, pink/red, white and I guess the yellow bit must be the doughnut itself. Thought this would make a change from the usual picture of flags and hibiscus which I did last year. Kinda appropriate too for this blog since it's all about food.

7 comments:

Flower said...

Boo
Selamat Hari Kemerdekaan. Here in Perth, no firework and no public holiday. I miss Malaysia and their way of celebrating Hari Merdeka. Australian Day is not as grand as our Merdeka Day.

Rasa Malaysia said...

Hi there,

I am Rasa Malaysia. Sorry you couldn't make the Virtual Open House. I cooked up what Babe in the City described as a fiery red Kerabu Bee Hoon based on the memory of my childhood. ;)

Selamat Hari Merdeka!

may said...

happy happy merdeka to you, boo babes!

wmw said...

Hey, I posted a pic I took of fireworks too. ha ha....May we always look at life like food *and vice versa), linger on the delicious ones, swallow quickly or spit out the bitter! It's only when we taste bad food do we appreciate the good food!

boo_licious said...

flower - Happy Merdeka to you and yr family too! Yeah, we do celebrate in a big way, I especially love the parades we have.

Hiya Bee Yin. Visited yr site a few times already ever since you sent me an email. Keep up the great works and Happy Merdeka too!

May - thx you sweet May and Happy Merdeka to you too!

wmw - Happy Merdeka! Yeah lots of fireworks that nite esp the whole area. Mine was much earlier, abt 10pm.

Rasa Malaysia said...

Heya,

Thanks for visiting my food blog (gasp!)...I am going home to Malaysia next week, so when I come back to the US, I promise it will have a lot more "substance" and good content, hopefully! :)

Bee Yinn

boo_licious said...

bee yinn - have fun at yr trip home! I'm sure it will be lots of eating and stocking up food items to cook more yummy stuff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...