Monday, November 21, 2005

Sunday Breakfast - A One Off Meme



Spittoon Extra is running a one-off meme asking bloggers to feature what they ate for their breakfast on Sunday, this November 20th. At first, when I read about the meme, I brushed it aside as I so rarely eat breakfast nowadays. During the week days, breakfast is almost non-existent for me and nowadays even weekend breakfasts have become a limited edition.

Surprisingly, we got to eat breakfast yesterday as we had a nice early start since it was cleaning new house day. Splashie Boy and I chose to eat at our regular mamak stall just round the corner from my place. These guys really know both of us so well: our drinks will arrive on the plastic table within seconds after we sit down. Essential for morning brekkies is a nice hot glass of tea with a dash of calamansi lime juice (Teh O Limau Panas in Malay). By the way, I thought I'll also show you the Nasi Lemak packets on the side. The stalls will pre-pack them in brown paper and banana leaves so you just pick one from the table.



I always have two half boiled eggs with a dash of soya sauce at the mamak stall. This kinda reminds me of my childhood days as my mother used to force us to eat the eggs for breakfast every morning before going to school. Surprisingly, I converted Splashie Boy to have this too and he now adds this to his weekend brekkie menu. Another essential part of our lazy Sunday breakfasts is the Sunday Star (you can see it below the eggs) which comes in handy sections so we can share and read. The paper is a favourite for both of us since we have two friends writing articles in the Sunday Star Mag.



After a quick peek at the headlines, (what!? that six year old kid can teach mathematics tuition), we had a nice crunchy Roti Planta. This is essentially a roti canai stretched out and slathered with Planta margarine. It gets nicely toasted on the griddle till it's crispy. I eat mine plain while Splashie Boy always has his with dhall (curried lentils).

Drats! It's time to leave our leisurely brekkie and start work! Sigh! So much to do during the weekends and so little time. Hope you enjoyed your weekend and breakfast too. Would love to hear what you all had for your breakfast yesterday, so do drop me a comment.

6 comments:

Thaaniya said...

Morning boo! (as you can see, I only say something when u blog about food) heheh! Yesterday I had tuna n tomato sandwich with just a drop of mayo, an orange and milo. Boring huh?
PS. My mom also used to make us eat half boiled eggs b4 going to school! But I never wanted to cos it makes me wanna go do no. 2!!

Unknown said...

ooh, all of my favorite breakfast items, prata, soft-boiled eggs, nasi lemak and teh-0! Woke up late yesterday, and brekkie became lunch and meal was too heavy to qualify as breakfast anymore :)

Wuching said...

i love soft boiled eggs!

rokh said...

i wanted to join too but knowing me, i sleep way past breakfast time. i usually have brunch at tea time! anyway, your breakkie sounds delish! i simply love malaysian brekkie

Anonymous said...

oh how i miss malaysian food...

boo_licious said...

thaaniya - sandwich sounds good, I love tuna and tomato. Must eat more sandwiches, I started dreaming about a chicken tikka sandwich.

Cath - Sounds like a nice lunch you had!

wuching - Hee hee, it's best with soya sauce.

aria - yes! You can also add white pepper but I usually just add a dash of soya sauce.

rachel - wow! sounds like an even better option, teatime as brekkie. I could never do that, Boo the cat will meow me till I wake up to feed her.

lil move a lot - poor thing!

mvo - I use an old Sony Cybershot handed down to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...