Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Mango Lassi



I made some home made lassi last week and it is so simple. Much better than buying the stuff from the supermarket as you know what goes in. You can also opt to have it sugarless like mine and it tastes just as nice. A lassi is kinda like a milkshake except it is made from yoghurt. If you wish it to be not so thick, you can even add milk (which makes it pretty rich) to dilute it. For me, I prefer adding ice cubes to the mixture to dilute and to chill the lassi.

I usually get my yoghurt from the Indian restaurants and RM1 will get you quite a big portion for one person. Mix about half of the yoghurt (or about half of a small cup of yoghurt from the supermarket) with one ripe mango and a handful of ice cubes to blend. Adjust the ice cubes accordingly if you find your lassi too thick. Sorry for the pretty vague instructions as I kinda threw my ingredients together with no recipe book. Besides mangoes, you can add any other fruits you fancy to make your lassi.

3 comments:

Greenapple said...

hey, i'll give this a try, definitely. thanks!

boo_licious said...

you're very welcome, greenapple. You can even make an apple lassi.

boo_licious said...

rabbit - make it at home! No need to put sugar so healthier.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...