Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Oreo Cheesecake


Recently I have been in a cheesecake mood, probably because I bought some new springform pans. I spied this free Kraft's recipe from one of my shopping trips at the supermarket and decided to give it a try since it involved no baking. I also had a pack of Oreos and some cream cheese left over from my previous cheesecake and souffle efforts so this was just perfect.


The original recipe is for a lamington tin of 18cm to 28 cm but I halved the portion and used my new 18cm round springform pan instead. Turned out perfectly as I wanted smaller portions since there is only two of us. As it is a no bake cheesecake, you need to keep it chilled at all times or else it melts in our tropical weather and you get a splodge of cheesecake instead. I liked it and luckily it was a tiny portion I made as it's quite rich. Although it's pretty easy to whip up, I think I prefer the baked ones and that will be the next thing on my list of to-dos.

Kraft Philadelphia Cookies and Cream Cheesecake

350 grams Oreo Cookies
80 grams butter, melted
375 grams block Philadelphia Cream Cheese, cubed and softened
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 cup thickened cream
3 teaspoons powdered gelatine, dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water
200 grams Toblerone, white chocolate, melted and cooled

Place 250 grams of Oreo cookies into food processor. Process into fine crumbs. Add butter and process to combine. Press mixture into an 18 cm - 28 cm lamington tin lined with cling wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Beat the Philadelphia cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Then beat in the cream. Stir through the gelatine mixture and the melted toblerone white chocolate.

Chop remaining cookies, stir through remaining Philadelphia mixture and pour over the Oreo biscuit base. Cover and refrigerate until set. (I left it overnight) Cut into slices or squares to serve.

11 comments:

rokh said...

looks really delish! my dear would totally flip for this. might try it out! thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

that looks good - is it very very cheesy? cos u know, hubby is not a cheese fan!

boo_licious said...

rokh - just remember to chill it and don't bring it gallivanting out like I did. It melted so it definitely needs to be eaten straight from the fridge!

boo_licious said...

cath - oh ya, hubby is like Splashie Boy. It's more creamy and rich so if hubby hates cream, think you should not feed this to him.

Thaaniya said...

Aha! Finally a Malay Foodie Blog. Gonna add you to my blog link. I'm soooo hungry now....

boo_licious said...

thaaniya - it's more like a Msian food blog as I also blog about whatever we have in Malaysia.

aria - no problems with the link, thanks so much. Just keep dropping by.

Greenapple said...

i'm so gonna give this a try. thanks for sharing.

boo_licious said...

greenapple - hope it turns out well. It seems to keep pretty well in the fridge though.

boo_licious said...

rabbit - big pan is okay for you, you have lots of siblings to feed! I only have Splashie Boy. Ooo, do make jellycake, I love those. By the way, I saw in Kitchen Capers, they also have some recipes for this cheesecake.

shining said...

If you are too lazy to do the jellycake, you may try www.jellycakehouse.com, they have lots of variety for jelly cake. My boss just order 3 jelly cakes for all our staff in office today to celebrate her promotion

Unknown said...

Hi! I hope you don't mind but I borrowed you oreo cheesecake pic up there and posted it in my blog (http://thehusbandspeaks.i.ph/). Will give you proper credit. Hope you drop by. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...