Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Fishball Noodles @ Heng Kee Eating House, KL

I often eat at really obscure places and this particular restaurant is one of them. I was introduced to this far flung place by my dad, the foodie in the family. Not sure how he found this place but he took us here a few times for breakfast. Ever since I was a kid, my dad was the one who steered us to roadside stalls to search for good food. If he is in a new country, the first place he visits is the local market so he can check out what is famous and special there.


Like all fishball places, you can pick a choice from different varieties of yong tau foo stuffed with fish paste, fish balls, deep fried fish cakes, deep fried wantans and my absolute favourite, the fish skin wantan ( Yee Pei Wantan in Cantonese). I love these which you don't usually get at the stalls but is easily available from the wet markets.


You can also choose from a variety of noodles and since they ran out of my favourite "rat tail" or loh shee fun noodles, I ordered kuay teow tossed in soya sauce and sprinkled with minced meat on top.

Heng Kee Eating House
17, Jalan Emas 6
Taman Emas
Cheras, 8 1/2 Miles
Kuala Lumpur

Tel No: 03 - 9080 2052

(Opens for breakfast and lunch. To get there, turn left at the Police PGA after Phoenix Plaza. The place is directly opposite the Sunway Cheras sales office so follow their location map to get there. It's also next to the HVD Entertainment's head office.)

*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely based on my personal tastebuds and may vary for others. The reviewer also declares that she has not received any monetary or non-monetary compensation from the restaurant for writing this review.

Tagged with: +

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Now i know that everyone called it as Yee Pei Wantan..Coz my mum named it as UFO..Haha..The aunty selling this in pasar told her one..

Praveen R. said...

I serioususly gotta check out this one cause i live in Taman Cuepacs..never really knew it existed actually

boo_licious said...

Yeah, it does look a bit like a UFO! I bet you that is what they tell all the kids to get them to eat it.

praveen - hope you like it. The place was packed during lunchtime so I guess it's popular among the locals.

AlphaMe said...

You blog is so so good.... the food in malaysia is delicious... i must remember to take notes and go eat it when i am in malaysia!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...