Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Braised Chicken Feet with Mushroom Wantan Noodles @ Restaurant Wah Cheong, Section 17, Petaling Jaya


my comfort food......that I reach for whenever life feels a bit blue

A short and sweet (or shouldn't I say savoury?) post today.

I've blogged earlier about
K.Intan, one of my favourite places for wantan mee (we often buy back the noodles for home use) but sometimes when I get bored with the toppings there, I eat at this stall located at Kedai Kopi Wah Cheong.

Run by an old man with a grumpy lady with glasses, they serve wantan noodles with a variety of toppings. I've eaten the basic char siu version, which is also good but my favourite is their braised chicken feet with Chinese mushrooms. The chicken feet is tender and tasty (from the deep frying). Add chewy wantan noodles and I am in heaven.

I also love the Tong Kee stall selling egg tarts and sweet things here. Gives me a reason to take a break during work and indulge in some sinful egg tarts without driving down to Kuala Lumpur.

Wantan Noodles Stall
Kedai Kopi Wah Cheong
Jalan 17/29
Section 17
Petaling Jaya

(Non halal. The stall is either closed on Wednesday or Thursday. The coffeeshop is the same row as Restoran Hong Seng which serves siu yoke, teochew braised duck and etc.)

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely based on my personal tastebuds and may vary for others. The reviewer also declares that she has not received any monetary or non-monetary compensation from the restaurant for writing this review.

Tagged with:
+

9 comments:

wmw said...

Oooh, my fave stall for wantans!

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

ohh...grumpy lady..is she grumpy bcoz of the husband or the noodles??

LianneK said...

I just had wantan mee from section 17 yesterday and wanted to post it up in my blog. Than I remembered that I've missed out the coffee shop name again. Its definately not this stall, and yours looked much better too.

FooDcrazEE said...

after wanton mee in HK. . . . .kinda dont want to eat wanton noodle in Malaysia. Different texture of noodle . . . .cept for a few good one. . . .lolz

Nine3 Nine3 said...

I just try this stall last week.
The chicken feet i tasted that day like a medicine taste..i did ask the lady boss why, she just stare at me !!!

boo_licious said...

wmw - hmmm, forgot to mention wantans, thxs for the reminder.

Jackson - hope u like it.

Joe - I guess she is grumpy becoz she has to slave in front of the hot stove the whole day?

lianne - is it Lucky? I ate the 2 places, before I chose this one as I preferred the texture.

foodcrazee - u get the same type at Canton-I, the super crunchy type as they use special ingredients.

nine3 nine3 - ooops, no medicine taste for mine.

ling239 said...

yes, yes, yes.... the grumpy lady hahahaaaa.... if u got too impatience and rush her a little, she will start scolding ppl :p
but i like the way she decorate each plate of noodle neatly before serving... ^_^

Unknown said...

Did you try the tom yam fish head noodles and honey chicken rice from other stalls in the same restaurant before? Pretty good as well.

Anonymous said...

urmmm she grumpy coz too many customerssss make her tooo busyyyy ......
boo- tat shop close on thursday but not every thursday its two weeks once....but is got special case mostly close for two days wednesday and thursday........XD i luv de food therererererere psps...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...