Saturday, October 08, 2005

Weekend Cat Blogging (WCB) 18

Weekend time and it is time to take a break from food blogging and focus on lots of kitties plus doggies from all over the world. This time around, I thought I will seek some help from all you animal lovers to sign a petition that the Malaysian SPCA is circulating to seek for amendments to the current animal protection laws.



The petition to the Prime Minister of Malaysia is seeking for legislation that will impose higher penalties to owners who treat their animals cruelly and urge the public to be more pet responsible. Full details of the petition and how to sign up are on the SPCA
website. I hope you will support the petition which is for a good cause. (Note: the petition is open to non-Malaysians)

Last week I featured those adorable felines for adoption. I am happy to inform that all of them except the tortoise shell kitten have been adopted the past week. Ain't that great? I hope the tortoise shell kitten finds a home soon.

This weekend cat blogging will feature my two dueling kitties; Kits and Ally. At least once a day, Kits will go on a minor rampage with Ally, not too sure why he does it but I reckon it is just because he is bored. One morning, he hit on Ally when she was sitting at her favourite spot i.e. the wooden teak bench. Here he is giving her some kind of ultimatum which probably meant, vacate this place as I want to sit here!



Ally disagrees and a fight starts up between both of them. Tussle tussle tussle, paws flying everywhere.



Kits decides to use the stare method instead on Ally.



It doesn't work on Ally so Kits admits defeat and walks off in a huff! Usually when I am around, I will break up the fight.



Do check out Kiri and the other kitties at Clare's eat stuff. You can also check the doggies at Sweetnicks. If you wish to join us for WCB or WDB, send your link to Clare or Sweetnicks.

10 comments:

boo_licious said...

cin - thanks and I love bella and tasha's pixs in the park. They are both such sweeties.

Farmgirl Susan said...

Hi Boo,
I love the series of photos (and accompanying stories) that you do for WCB. Your cats are so theatrical! And what a great idea to publicize that petition on your blog. I'm off to check it out! : )

P.S. Links to this week's WCB kitties are at Farmgirl Fare (but I think you've already visited them all!) : )

Unknown said...

love those cats. Especially the second to last photo ~ I was laughing out loud!

Nupur said...

They are having a serious boxing match there, so funny and cute! (Hope neither of them got hurt!)...
And its sooo nice of you to support the SPCA against animal cruelty.

Shelly said...

OMG! Those are the cutest pics! I love the last one.....Its the evil eye! haha my cat does that to my dog!

boo_licious said...

Farmgirl - Thanks for putting up those links. Give a pat to all the cats in the cabin for me.

Linda - I know, they always have me cracking up too. Aggie is such a sweetie.

Nupur - I don't think they were physically hurt, more of egos were bruised.

Indyfoodie - hee hee, that is good, the evil eye! Hope you find a name for that lovely kitty that Beth has adopted.

Marie, Paris said...

Great photos of your two kitties. I also have two at home and they are fighting just the same, but they are moving too fast, I could never take a picture of that!

Anonymous said...

The petition is a great idea!

Love the story and photos of the dueling cats!

I'm glad the other cats found a home. I hope the last one remaining will find a good one,too.

Paz

boo_licious said...

marie - I was lucky to capture them at the right moment. Usually the light at my place is quite bad.

paz - I hope the tortoise shell kitten will find a home soon, she is so sweet.

MJ said...

soo cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...