Wednesday, November 02, 2011
The Miele Guide 2011/2012 Asia Top 20 and Top Five Restaurants in Malaysia
last year's Cilantro Miele Guide award
Tonight was the big gala night at Resorts World Singapore where they announced the Asia's Top 20 for The Miele Guide.
Here are the results:
1.Iggys, Singapore (1)
2.Andre, Singapore (new)
3. L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon, Hong Kong (2, down)
4. Robuchon A Galera, Macau (3, down)
5. Caprice, Hong Kong (10, up)
6. Cilantro, Kuala Lumpur (8, up)
7. Mr. & Mrs. Bund - Modern Eatery by Paul Pairet, Shanghai (new)
8. Pierre Gagnaire a Seoul, Seoul, South Korea (new)
9. Bo Innovation, Hong Kong (19, up)
10. Tippling Club, Singapore (15, up)
11. Antonio's, Phillipines (5, down)
12. Mosaic, Bali (6, down)
13. Otto e Mezzo Bombana, Hong Kong (new)
14. Gunther's Modern French Cuisine, Singapore (13, down)
15. Dum Pukht, Mumbai, India (17, up)
16. Dakshin, India (new)
17. Yung Kee, Hong Kong (12, down)
18. Sarong, Bali (new)
19. Les Amis, Singapore (11, down)
20. Bukhara, New Delhi, India (14, down)
For Malaysia's Top 5 restaurants for 2011/2012, they are:
2. El Cerdo
3. Erawan Thai & Fusion
4. Kampachi, Equatorial Kuala Lumpur
5. Sage, Gardens Residences
There are more restaurants in the guide (a total of 500 all over Asia), so get your copy from Miele or a bookshop near you.
Three restaurants from India in the Asia Top 20. An increase from two last year.
There are no restaurants from Tokyo considering it is the city awarded with the most Michelin stars. Last year, L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon in Tokyo was placed in no. 9 but it dropped out from the top 20.
Cilantro Kuala Lumpur goes up two places to no. 6 (Congratulations to Chef Takashi Kimura and his team).
New award called Chef of the Chefs Award goes to Umberto Bombana from Otto e Mezzo Bombana, Hong Kong.