Friday, November 13, 2009

Happy Friday the 13th - Mango Lolo from KTZ, SS2, Petaling Jaya


mango lolo in its full glory

A quick one for today, something to cheer up today. Seems to be such a double-edged sword today - it's Friday meaning the end of the work week BUT today is the thirteenth! Hope nothing bad happens to me or you, today and the Friday passes like a breeze.


I love thee my mango, Splashie Boy's honeydew version

Today, I decided to highlight one of favourite ways to beat the heat. The weather nowadays is as usual a little crazy - super hot in the afternoons and then rain in the evenings. For me, my favourite way of relaxing on a Sunday hot afternoon is the mango lolo at KTZ, SS2. Packed with blended fresh mangos with sago pearls and mango cubes, this tops a mountain of shaved ice. Slowly eat it from the side to enjoy the sweet mango taste with the icy cold shaved ice. Yums! Splashie Boy prefers the honeydew version (he does love his honeydew!) but give me the mango version anytime. One can understand why KTZ does such booming business, as the food is excellent there (love their fried rice) and these mango lolos - prepare to wait a very very long time especially the night time (we once did and was counting the number of lolos emerging from the dessert counter!). Strawberry, kiwifruit, redbean, mixed fruit lolos are also available.

So what's your favourite way to beat the heat? Cendol, Ais kacang or just something simple whipped at home?

9 comments:

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

ice cold water..no calories mah..

if not usually 100plus does the trick

Unknown said...

happy Fri 13th oh luvlee boo!

J said...

I like ice cold Perrier but it's expensive (healthy option).

If not, any ice cream is great, and so is lolo... (unhealthy option).

Ciki said...

dahlink.. pls change my link pls pls pls..

KAMSIAH!

Rebecca Saw said...

Ice kacang for me! Stall 41 at wai sik kai!!

J2Kfm said...

i like the honey dew version as well. felt that the mango one a little too cordial-like.

tracieMoo said...

I used to go there for tong shui at night. This post really made me crave for their Sai Mai Lou.. I should go get some :)

Really nice blog you've got here. I certainly love your photography.

Unknown said...

look at all the mango! wow. and oh dear, there's honeydew as well, these two are my all time favourite fruits, i can't make a choice between them :D

Unknown said...

Oooh it has been quite a while since I went to KTZ. YUmmmy! Has the KL KTZ closed down or moved?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...