Monday, June 09, 2008

Kylie Kwong in Kuala Lumpur

Kylie Kwong My China

Fans of Kylie Kwong should catch an opportunity to see her at Kinokuniya, Suria KLCC at 12 noon, 11 June, 2008 (Wednesday). She's here to talk about her new cookbook, My China - a huge volume about her travels in China. It was extremely poignant for her, since she undertook this journey to trace her roots back to Southern China. She also travels to Yangshuo, Guilin, Lhasa, Lijiang, Beijing, Shanghai, Xian, Chengdu, Hangzhou and Hong Kong. Every place she goes, she will cook a few dishes for the locals, hence the recipes within the book. These simple recipes, are sandwiched between her stories about her trip to these places and the people she meets.

The television series will be starting on Discovery Travel & Living on June 25th. To get a headstart on what will be shown and what recipes to look out for, check this
link out.

7 comments:

mingsuan said...

ooh i wish i was home for this.. I really want that book too!!!

FooDcrazEE said...

ouch ! i cant go. . .sob sob . . .works beckon

Jun said...

omg are u serious?! lucky u! My China is such a visual orgasmic hodgepodge of chinese culture, but it's so ex! :(

daphne said...

oo...lucky readers who are going!

boo_licious said...

jackson - better queue up early. I think she has loads of fans.

ming suan - yeah, but u get more "genuine" food in China. Her book a bit different from Beyond the Great wall though.

foodcrazee - oh oh! take leave?

Jun - they're starting the show hence the roadshow to promote it.

daphne - yeah, I wish I was also going but unfortunately I also have to work..

Sui Lin said...

she was lovely... she talked about her experiences on and throughout her journey in China....

don't forget to catch her show starting june 25th!

Kitikata-san said...

Oh my, I would love to see this! But my tv provider does not give me Discovery Travel nor Living. I have a lot of other channels, but not those :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...