Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Cupcake & Muffin @ Ugly Bird Cafe, Birdcage, 1 Utama Shopping Centre, Petaling Jaya

cupcake1
Cute cupcake with loads of colour

Something short and sweet for today....cupcakes from this cute place called Ugly Bird Cafe. Located near Pick n Brew, it is actually a boutique cum cafe. I walked past it and discovered they had snacks, asked Jackson how they tasted and he said not bad, hence I went and grabbed some home.

choc muffin
May look unappetising but this actually tastes good

The cupcake is plain vanilla but simply decorated with lots of colourful hundreds and thousands. The vanilla tastes quite artificial but the cake texture was nice since it was freshly baked that day. The topping is kinda tasteless though. Those cupcakes got me thinking of my hits counter (something I rarely look at) and gee, 2 million hits cupcakes will be coming up (slowly but steadily). I better start planning for those....

birdcage bag
nifty brown bag...telling you where they are

I preferred the chocolate chip muffin we got instead. Nice and tender, only gripe I had was the chocolate chips are only on top and not all over the muffin. Sorry no prices, I think the cupcake is RM4 but no idea about the muffin, as Splashie Boy paid for them.

Birdcage Boutique
F236
First Floor
Promenade
1 Utama Shopping Centre
Petaling Jaya

(Pork free. same area as Pick n Brew)

*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely based on my personal tastebuds and may vary for others. The reviewer also declares that she has not received any monetary or non-monetary compensation from the restaurant for writing this review.

Tagged with: +

8 comments:

Precious Pea said...

Wahh....2 million hits soon! So, should I expect some cupcakes pretty soon? Hehehe.

ling239 said...

why ugly bird oh.....

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

2 million...ooooooo. *waiting hopefully* :-D

daphne said...

sweet sweet cupcakes.. not sure abt the name "Birdcage?!" but cakes certainly looks good.

Jun said...

i now know why the caged bird sings! :P

(sorry, couldn't resist the maya angelou reference ;>)

Rarebeet said...

Ugly bird. How odd. Cupcakes look very "homemade". I see you've been hanging at 1U a lot!

Did you say cupcakes?!

boo_licious said...

Precious Pea & Lemongrass - plannin stage only

Ling239 - dunno wor, weird name rite?

daphne - yeah, we made some quip that they shld keep playing the movie Birdcage at the shop.

Jun - hee hee...maya angelou will forgive u for that ref.

Paprika - I guess they were trying to be inventive? the cupcakes were quite homey. I think Jackson said baked by some home baker.

mk said...

Nice cupcakes. But I do prefer Kenny Rogers muffin....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...