Friday, November 10, 2006

Revisiting Saravanaa Bhavan



Recently, we wandered towards Bangsar for dinner during the weekday and wanted a light meal to end the day. Although we thought of trying Telawi Street Bistro, we settled for the old favourite, Saravanaa Bhavan which we had
earlier visited. Bangsar seems to be really quiet during the weekdays and only some restaurants were packed while others had their wait staff forlornly looking out for customers.

Remembering not to over order this time round, we just chose simple items like Thosai and Uthappam (RM4.50). It was my first time eating the savoury version of appam that is made from rice flour and filled with onions and tomatoes. Utterly delicious especially since it combined my two favourite items. The onion curry they served it with was also fantastic which came with whole shallots. I shamelessly raided Splashie Boy's plate for his portion as I know he hates onions.



Splashie Boy opted for the Ghee Roast Masala Thosai (RM4.50) which came stuffed with curried potatoes. I didn't try any as he wasn't even willing to share it with me since he was happily chomping it down.



While waiting at the counter to pay, I decided to try their Pista Kulfi (RM5). Since it was late when we had our dinner and we were rushing home, I packed a portion to try. Managed to snap a nice picture of it at the kitchen counter. I liked it a lot since it was still icy cold when we got home but felt it needed chopped pistachios to add more oomph to it. Will definitely have to go and search out
Robyn's recommendation on kulfi at Brickfields as this stuff is addictive.

Saravanaa Bhavan
52 Jalan Maarof
Bangsar

Tel No: 03 - 2287 1228

*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely based on my personal tastebuds and may vary for others. The reviewer also declares that she has not received any monetary or non-monetary compensation from the restaurant for writing this review.

Tagged with:
+

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Boo,

You do eat out a lot! I envy you as I have to cook most of the time if I want something decent. :(

boo_licious said...

jackson - thosai was really good, can understd why this place is forever packed.

Bee Yinn - yeah, we're lucky as food is available all the time for us. One of the reasons why I don't think I will leave Msia for somewhere else as the food is always good and cheap.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...