Monday, November 20, 2006

Justin Quek : Passion & Inspiration



After hearing and reading a lot about this book from Chubby Hubby and Kuidaore, I knew I wanted to get a copy of *Justin Quek's book. I searched high and low around Kinokuniya in KLCC plus Borders in Berjaya Times Square and even called up MPH as I was told they were the distributors but no one had heard about it. Faced with no sign of the book, I decided to get Splashie Boy to purchase a copy for me in Kinokuniya, Singapore and the book got back on Sunday night.

Ever since then, it's been my bedtime read, making my mouth savour with all it's delights. I love the stories Justin shares on his journey to being a chef, his childhood memories and the foods that tweak those happy thoughts. The pictures of the food are superb but sadly a lot of the ingredients aren't readily available here or even if they are, they'll definitely be priced at a premium. If you appreciate good food and love cookbooks, this is an ideal book to add to your collection. Incidentally, Chubby Hubby and wife have a hand in this book - he edited it while she helped Justin Quek write it.

Tagged with:

*I realised most Malaysians may not have heard about Justin Quek since he is Singaporean hence here's a short note on him. Read more about him on his website based on the links above. He's legendary in Singapore for his interpretation of French cuisine especially when he was in Les Amis. Currently in Taipei, he is chef-owner of La Petite Cusine with plans to open another restaurant in Shanghai.

1 comment:

Michael Tong said...

Hi boo_licious,

I'm also looking for this book, but have had a lot of trouble finding it in Taiwan. I had a couple of questions...what language is the book in? Do you have any advice as to how I could get my hands on a copy?

Thanks,
Mike

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...