Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Save the Internet


Save the Internet: Click here


I just read about this on Food Blog S'cool after I posted my food blog or else I would have left it out since it's no food blog day today.

What's this all about? It seems the big Internet providers in the USA is lobbying the Congress to allow them to create a two tier Internet system where there will be a fast lane provided to those big guns who can pay and a slow lane for consumers. This means the loss of free and open Internet known as Network Neutrality.

Although you say why be bothered because it's so far away in the USA, knowing how life works - if it is implemented in the USA, one day it will appear in Malaysia as most countries follow best practices from the overseas. I honestly do not want discrimination in my own backyard with regards to my Internet services which I pay for. I am already suffering slow service since we only get one major broadband provider so can you imagine how painful it is if they start restricting the Internet because they have a right to do so.

What can you do to help? If you're a non USA resident, put this plea put in your blog or write about it so your USA resident readers can read about it and contact their Senator or Congressperson to voice their concerns. You can also sign the online petition at SavetheInternet.com to support Net neutrality and ask your readers to sign it. If you're a USA resident, contact your local Senator or representative by writing or contacting them to protest against this action.

Read Food Blog S'cool for further details.

Thanks so much for your support.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...